Sign in to follow this  

Time shift near ground

Hi all,Here's a copy of an email I sent to MS support. Hopefully between them and y'all I can get this resolved. The problem started recently and happen freqently (definately repetable):==The simulator 'jumps' in time. This looks almost similar to a low FPS stutter, but it is not. It usually happens when near the ground (eg landing).If the time jump happens during a turn my heading will go like... 45...46...47...(jump)...52...53.If i'm landing, my altitude will decrease like so: 300...250...200...150...(Jump)...0It seems as if the simulator is speeding up during these jumps, then dropping me off a second or two in the future.What's interesting is that it also happens during an instant replay, although I believe the jumps are not recorded and replayed... they happen again at different times during the replay.I also see the jumps while parked on the ground, panning around the aircraft with the external 3d view.I am not running any other programs while running FS2002. I have un-installed and re-installed FS2002. I have turned all display settings to minimum including things like aircraft textures, so this isn't a FPS graphic-card too slow issue.Thanks for your help,Rudy

...perhaps giving them your system specs might have helped. This seems to occur on some machines not others - so it would help. You will probably find that someone here has an answer (and you have more chance than an e-mail to MSoft...

Guest RonB49

It really sounds like some logging program is running. When you say, "I am not running any other programs while running FS2002," how do you know? Some PC makers, in attempting to make their systems idiot-proof, seem to delite in putting sneaky little utilities that run in the background. They can be hard to find and hard to deactivate.Also check what is running within (or along side) Flight Simulator. I'm thinking now about logging in FSUIPC or any utility that automatically saves flights on a repeating basis. My money is on something like that. R-

Hi Ron,I agree, it does seem as if a logging or auto-save program is running. I've attached a copy of active processes and services on my win2k machine. mmc.exe is the MS Management Console, which is displaying my active services. I don't believe any of them can cause this kind of problem. MS support (after only 12 hours) also suggested I may have another program running. Does FS2002 autosave or log? Can I turn it off?Oh, I'm running a 1.3Ghz Athlon with a 64mb GForce2 Pro.Thanks for your help,Rudy