Sign in to follow this  

Automatic scenery install

Guest sonjamichelle

I checked out that program, however it seems to be for FS2000 and there is no clear entry in the setup.ini for setting the path nor does it specifiy where it's searching for FS. Maybe that's all in the source code. I would like to see the source as well.

Hi Gerrish,I think Arnt stopped working on his tool. We used it to release our scenery. Guido, the team member that made our new installer, used some of the techniques Arnt also used (mainly the ability to rename the exe to zip and still be able to install manual after that).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest bones

I have gone one step further than Arno in that I keep my scenery on a separate drive to FS2002. This is fine if the auto installer gives you the option to choose your destination folder but it is woeful for those installers that insist on putting scenery within FS2002.OK - I know it's not much of an issue to run the install and then move the folders to your preferred location. That is until the designer releases an update as an EXE file as well, which can't detect the original on your system and instantly quits. If you do decide to go for an auto installer make sure you get one that gives you flexibility to keep the buyers happy.boneshttp://fsaviation.net

Guest luissa

>I checked out that program, however it seems to be for FS2000>and there is no clear entry in the setup.ini for setting the>path nor does it specifiy where it's searching for FS. Maybe>that's all in the source code. I would like to see the source>as well.Hi,You are right on one thing! That programme was for FS2000! But if you download it again, you get the FS2002 version (just replaced the file - the new zip has the same name but a size of 41131 bytes).On the contrary:1) the programme checks the windows registry to get the location of FS2002 and aborts if FS is not present2) the user can specify the location of scenery and texture folders! In the ini file, the designer specifies default ones which are presented to the user at installation time. If the user does not like the suggestion, he (or she) enters folder names for the scenery.If you want the visual basic code, please write to luis@ptsim.comRegards,Luis