Sign in to follow this  

Win2K & FS2K2 & Geforce 4 Ti4600 - Graphic Problems!

Just recently converted to Windows 2000, and I have Nvidia 28.32 drivers loaded. When using SimFactory's LAX scenery, I get a lot of graphics (flashing) distortion around the runway area and nowhere else. Flying in other standard FS2K2 airports (e.g St. Louis Lambert International), I do have the flashing or graphic rips.Anyone have a possible idea as to what is going on? Are the 28.32 drivers the most stable set for Windows 2000 and the Geforce 4 cards?Thanks for any input!KeithSoyo Dragon Plus MBAthlon 1700+ XP512 DDRAMWindows 2000 ProfessionalGeforce 4 Ti4600

Guest Max Cowgill

I believe the fix for this problem is turning off T&L in FS2k2, exiting the sim, re-entering the sim, turning T&L back on, exiting the sim, then re-entering the sim (re-boot may be a good idea as well). Then again, I haven't installed FS2k2 on my system yet (box sitting 2 feet away as I type this) so this is just hearsay on my part :)Max Cowgill

I only just got myself a GF4 Ti4400 and are running the latest leaked det drives 29.11, been running 3D Mark 2001 and they're quite stable.I haven't had the chance to test FS2002 right now. Might be worth a try at www.guru3d.com/files/

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest gasebah

Chances are that it has nothing to do with the GF4 at all. I have this prob with 3 differnt Nvidia based cards. A TNT 32MB, a GF3 and a GF4Ti4600. I guess it is a fault in the scenery (overlapping textures or something).Cheers,Alex

Thanks for everyone's input! I have sent my query to SimFlyers to see how they respond as well. I never had this problem with Win98, even with the T&L display option turned on. If I turn the option on within the Windows 2000 environment, the outside (outside the aircraft)graphics go ballistic.I first used the GeForce Tweak Utility (GTU) to adjust the settings, and I suspect some of the settings may somehow interfere with certain Windows 2000 functions. I may reload the 28.32 drivers, and use NVMax to make the same settings I used when Window 98 was on my system. I pass on my results if I have success. If that doesn't work, I may have to load other drivers until I find a set that works "normal."If anyone out there has a Geforce 3 or later card operating within Windows 2000 and you have fairly stable graphics going for you, please let me know which driver set you using. That should help me narrow the search.Thanks!Keith

Important Discovery!!A friend at work suggested that I go to this site: [http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com]By clicking on the Product Update selection, your computer is automatically scanned to see what updates your particular operating system requires. I discovered I was missing a Critical Update, Service Pack 2, and a few others. I downloaded and installed everything suggested for Windows 2000 PRO. The Result: No graphic problems whatsoever!!!I thought for sure it was strictly a Detonator driver issue. It was obviously related to not having the most current and updated Windows 2000 PRO operating system.Bottom Line: Before you pull all your hair out wondering which drivers are the best, make sure your operating system is at its "fully functional" operating status. This could save you many sleepless nights.I have settled in with the Win2K 27.70 drivers and everything looks perfect. I get 14-17 fps at LAX with the SimFlyers scenery which has tons of scenery.Once again, I am now a Happy Flyer!! Cheers!Keith

Guest Max Cowgill

You were running Win2k without SP2? The first thing I did when I brought my Win2k machine home was set up my internet connection and download SP2. I'm not picking on you here, just making a statement...Max Cowgill

Max, you are so correct! I guess I did fully understand the importance of the "Service Packs", but I am a believer now.I've seen so many threads about graphic problems, and blaming it on this set of drivers and that set of drivers. It may all come down to the fact that their operating systems may just not have all the right updates.My real intent was to help folks not have the kind of brain ##### I did, and omit some very important updates. Update the OS first, then attack the graphic driver issue.I definitely was not offended by your post. Point well taken and should be heeded by all.Thanks!Keith