Sign in to follow this  

Hi,I am working near N36",E30" . I wanted to use cellgrid and create a file 449_151.txt contains 2 lineinclude Cell_Grid.incCellDefine 449, 151. Compiled with bglc and install .bgl files but I cant see the gridlines???Please Help me. I don't think that my cell poisition is wrong becouse I found it from tdfcalc3 and calculate it with different tools.Thanks.Kenan

Hi KenanWhen you assemble your little source file it's very important to make sure you include these three files within the same directory folder where BGLC.exe resides:TDFHeaders.incTDFMacros.incCell_Grid.incThe other day I recieved an email from a user who had exactly your problem yet his file assembled nicely for me with those (include) files present.I hope this help ya out! :)Ken

In addition to what Ken answered, The cellgrid comes with a texture in a texture folder. I assumed this was self-explanitory.Whatever 'scenery' folder you use for the BGL, the twin 'texture' folder must contain "LOD8define.bmp", as that's where the lines and numbers come from.Dick

I have all this 3 file in same folder and I copied bglc.exe to the same folder. What must be the format of LOD8define.bmp? Its format is bmp and I changed it to DX1. I tried everything. Let me explain step by step.1-I find my cell numbers with tdfcalc3. Then checked it with tdfcal2, lodcalc etc.2-I create a text file contains 2 line.include Cell_Grid.incCellDefine 449, 1503- In same folder that contains all 3 files I run bglc and it created a bgl. I copied bgl to scenery folder.3-From fs scenery options I added the scenery but it didnt work.4- I thought format of bmp. I changed format of bmps to DX1 but nothing chaned.5-I tried other cells 449-149 ,449-151 etc. Remove scenery, clear cache and re-add scenery but still I can't see grids.Thanks for your helps.

Hi Kenen.It sounds like your BGL is valid or it would not have compiled.You should have a project folder... It can be right on the desktop. Name it "Project". Inside this folder, make 2 sub-folders : "scenery" and "texture".Into "scenery", place your BGL.Into "texture", place the 'LOD8define.bmp' texture.'LOD8define.bmp' is already in the correct format. It is 8-bit, mipped, with alpha transparency. It should be about 87Kb in size.Start FS2002, enter the Scenry Library, and add the "Project" folder.Start a flight, in the proper Cell, and you should see the grid on the ground.---------------This is the proper version of Cellgrid.

Dear rhumbaflappy ,I did exactly same. I did this at least 3 times. Still doens't work.Does free spaces or other lines matter? Becouse the example 192_129_Grid.txt file gives syntax error while compiling and when I remove th first line that writes : Do not use in CFS2it worked. The only thing that I do , you didn't write is this.Or must I write an empty line between my commands in txt file ........Or is there a new version of bglc.What must be the size og bgl files. Mine is 163.250 bytes.It's 5.00 AM here and my 7. hour without success at my coastline design. The celgrid take my 5 hour and I can't sleep if I can't find the solution this night :)

I now know you have the wrong version of Cellgrid. That mistake in the files has been corrected, in AVSIM's current version.Still, your BGL is the right size, so I'll guess it is right.You are probably making a mistake in the way you add scenery to fs2002. I compiled this text, as "449_151_Grid.txt":include Cell_Grid.incCellDefine 449, 151It makes a bgl named "449_151_Grid.bgl"I placed the bgl in a scenery folder. I placed the texture "LOD8define.bmp" in the twin texture folder. I make sure the scenery folder is added, and active, in the Scenery Library after I start the sim. If I go to Antalya, Turkey ( LTAI ), the grid shows.I wouldn't know what else to say.Try this:Add your BGL into the FS2002ADDON SCENERYScenery folder.Add the "LOD8define.bmp" to the FS2002ADDON SCENERYTexture folder.That should definitely work.Dick

Yesss. Mine were wrong version. I downloaded new cellgrid and it worked.thank you for your help.Kenan