Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a nice approach

I'm looking for a nice "approach scenery". Any airports you recommend? It would be nice to fly over buildings (maybe even high risers) during final.I have the default 2002 scenery. So where should I go? Thanks in advance!

Try Sydney YSSY 16R.Peter Sydney Australia

ASPENThe most difficult app. in the country

PAJN (Juneau, Alaska) on rwy 26 from the south. There is a nice valley approach with a left turn into the rwy.

london city airport EGLC..runway 8.approach is over city of london.no big jets unless your a good swimmer.........good scenery tho best wishes steve

The westbound approach into EDDI (Berlin Tempelhof) takes you low over some apartment buildigns. Some good add-on scenery to be released soon through Aerosoft: www.ew-projekt.deMisha

I agree that KASE is a fascinating approach, and one to test your mettle. I have done it in the Lear and the Falcon, and yesterday flew out of Denver for a short flight in the new Convair 580. Incidentally, I was dissapointed that this aircraft has no wing cockpit views, but that's another story. The plane is stable and easy to flight manage...ideal for fields like Aspen...of course I had to two missed approaches before making it in...but, I think that speaks more to my flight skills or lack of them...:-)Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL

My instrument CFI is taking me into ASE next month (I live just west of Denver). Although I'll be busy flying, I'll see if he would be able to get some photos, if anyone's interested.Bruce.

Try La Guardia Rwy 04 approach. The city streets {Astoria Blvd., Grand central Pkwy} of Queens is less than a 1/4 mile from app. end of Rwy. Acouple of Five story walk ups along centerline of Rwy. at about 1/4 to 1/2 mile.Regards,Tom