Sign in to follow this  

LWMDraw (beta 4)

How about "QuickDrawMcGraw"? Man this just keeps getting better, Ken. I d/l'ed it last night and did some coastline with it. I like how you moved the Cell and Area definition boxes to the drawing screen; it really speeds up working on multiple areas. Also, many thanks for improving the functionality of "clear all" and placing it differently. I think you're getting close to a real sweet spot with this program.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

HI!This is a great little program, thank you very much!I have done big changes in FS scenery drawing some rivers. In the first version I liked so much that I could just copy the LWMPoints directly from the LWMDraw. It doesn't seem possible anymore, or did I miss something? I think copy and paste is still a big part of changing coast lines etc. so it would be nice to be able to select all the LWM and VTP points directly in the program window.Best wishes,Tatu

Hi TatuI liked that older version as well and actually I really do prefer to use the TextBox control as I did in that earlier version however the hard code within LWMDraw would have been much more difficult in order to accomplish the VTP Line format that's much different than polygon format.Although you can't use copy-paste routine directly from the LWMDraw window now, you can still generate the LWM or VTP source file and copy-n-paste from there and actually it's easier that way as well.Maybe this help somewhat?Ken

Hi Ken!Thanks for the reply. I understand you now. Me too have been using the earlier program for LWMPoints but the newer for VTP2 polygons which I am just learning. It is also much better to be able to change LOD13 coordinates easily and when clearing the points it also clears the number of points window.Tatu

Tatu and ALLPlease use the link at the top of this thread. I believe it will be the final version 4 release except it still does not contain all the menu documentation.It includes a new Check Box feature so you can simply switch OFF either LWM or VTP data if desired which comes in really handy when you do NOT wish your shoreline to run out into the middle of your water area. It's much nicer now then it's described in version 3 which you had to delete a corner point. CHECK IT OUT !!!As soon as I complete the menu documentation, I want to upload it to this forum again so that others might see where I may have messed up somewhere in the documentation which will allow me to make sure I don't give out bad or wrong information.Have Some FunKen