Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

Seasonal textures for rivers and lakes?

Are there no seasonal textures for rivers and lakes in FS2002? I seem to recall that lakes would freeze over in winter in some earlier versions of FS. Seems a bit incongruous for lakes and rivers not to be frozen when flying the far north.-Basil

Guest gorchi

Hi Basil!I have just looked in terraintextures.cfg and it really seems, that MS did not provide us any other seasonal textures for rivers than for summer. But if You wish to make Your own textures for Your rivers, You can include them in VTPTextureName instruction instead of "1025":

texturemark_3   label   word   VTPTextureName "1025" texturemark_3   label   word   VTPTextureName "myriverWI.bmp;myriverHW.bmp;myriverSP.bmp;myriverSU.bmp;myriverFA.bmp;myriverLM.bmp"

Regarding lakes, MS have allready provided us with textures for frozen lakes (ShoreiceSU.bmp for example), just take a look in FS2002scenedbworldtexture folder.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Hi Basil.Water can be painted using any texture and a VTP polygon with a layer of 3 or less.As Goran pointed out, the texture can be named for each season, and night.Because the layer is 3, you can cover entire LOD8 cells, and only the water is affected, as landmasking covers it.VTP streamlines would need a line replacement.Waves might be a problem, but I'm sure there is a work-around.As usual with all TDF design, it is best suited to small areas, as the work required to redesign large parts of the earth is unreasonable.Dick

>Regarding lakes, MS have allready provided us with textures >for frozen lakes (ShoreiceSU.bmp for example), just take a >look in FS2002scenedbworldtexture folder. Why are not lakes using this texture, then, if it is winter?-Basil

Guest gorchi

Hi Basil!I did not check this but I was also wondering if FS does use some other textures like v_hiwayssu.bmp, v_roadssu.bmp etc. I haven't seen them yet in FS...Anyway what I had in my mind is if You are doing Your own lakes, maybe You could define Your own textures and use these textures by winter. But unless You copy Your BGL to scenedbworldscenery folder You will have to copy these textures to Your texture folder.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net