Sign in to follow this  
Guest christian

TMF Manual by Christian Stock - THANKS!

As functions and processes are developed by various people seeking methods to "manage" FS2002 elements the discussions tend to be arcane. Those of us that do not work with specific elements everyday, or are not programmers, see snippets of development that whet our appitites. It is indeed a welcome sight to see a manual that brings together the efforts of the development part of the sim world in a way that offers comprehensive guidance. Similar comments can also apply to a program Christian is developing to actually apply the items in the TMF manual, and other elements, in a manner that will permit part-time scenery enthusiasts to adjust scenery (large scale) to their liking. THANKSDick KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

DickI have to agree with you 200 percent. I believe that without Christian's works and efforts we'd just about be sitting on our hands wondering what to to next. Now much progress has been made thanks to Christian's efforts and years of work and I have a great deal of respect and appreciation for all he's done for us.Christian, THANK YOU so MUCH!!!!! :)Ken

Downloaded and started reading immediately. Its heavy, but explains it in detail.Thanks, Christian and all the other fine design posters that put up with us newbies!I wish I knew this much when I was acquiring high-end flight simulators with E&S visual systems. Some of their jargon is now finally making sense!!

Christian's solitary efforts to bring FS scenery design into this millenium are without any parallel.By himself, he is still filling the gaps in FS scenery design knowledge, even at times, in spite of the assistance that Microsoft has given us. I still believe that MS would not have released the FS2002 Terrain SDK, if his persistance had not revealed 95% of it's contents beforehand. In effect, MS opened the barn door, after Christian had already released the livestock! My documentation in the original TMF tutorial was entirely based on Christian Stock's research... the very day after it's public posting, MS released the FS2002 Terrain SDK.One of the very few e-mails I plan on saving for posterity, is Christian's message congratulating me for forcing the release of the SDK. But I know it was Christian that did the forcing. I just put it into words for the general public.Every time we make landclass, waterclass, LWM and VTP polys and lines, we are doing so because of Christian's dedication to solving these riddles. His continued efforts will reveal many more secrets of TMF design ( yes, there are more... ).My thanks, as well.Dick

Sounds great! Can somebody post the link wher to download it, please?Thanx,Ingo

Guest christian

Thanks for all those kind words. You make me blush:-lol Christian