Sign in to follow this  
akriesman

Photo Images

I would like to know where to get the best images for photo ground texturing, your opions. I do not have a problem with purchasing them.Everyone's feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.Jay:-wave

Dallas, TexasDallas Love Field (KDAL) area or maybe all the metroplex.I just looked at Earthviewer but that is my first stop so far.Jim, Dan told me you would be the one to know.Jay________________________________________________________________

Here is another one for you (www.dfwmaps.com). These are very high resolution color images, and may be worth a look. The 2001 aerial data has the road labels embedded in them, but you might want to look at 1999 data.Another option is to download Terraserver images and color them yourself. This is what I am currently doing.Cheers,Allen (live in DFW area)

check out http://jdmcox.com/you can download a neat utility call usaphotomap. It will access the images at terraserver, which are the main images I use. The utility makes it fast and does the compositing for you.B

www.mapquest.com.Look for Aerial photo tab when you choose the Dallas area map.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Hi Bob never did get that email you sent me. And Jay been looking foryou on Yahoo! (I will keep looking though). Dan

I wanted to see if you were still up for a callaboration project.you have my email, eh? bob@blarg.netB

Thanks for the replies everyone. I do not have a problem with a purchase if it will improve the final outcome. Got the funds.Allen, nice to know you are in my area, what are you doing as far as photo terrain? Send me your e-mail through avsim mail and lets talk.Dan, me too, I have been looking all the time, day and night. Want to set a time some day?Thanks allJay:-wave_____________________________________________________________________

what are you doing as far as photo terrain.Hi Jay,Right now I am kind of in the prototype stage with VTP polygons. I have managed to align the images nicely, and make good use of transparency. Unfortunately, I am not really happy with the blending of the airport images, with the surrounding standard landclass textures. I will continue to try some different methodologies until I get it right.I am currently using VTP Method 2 to draw my images. I may try using the images as custom landclass textures, to better blend them with the surrounding textures.Cheers,Allen