Sign in to follow this  

Weird Scale Problem in GMAX 1.2

Hi all,I have never had to post a problem here as most questions can be answered by doing searches. BTW thanks to all who have posted solutions as they are invaluable.Now to my problem. I am working on a new jetway created in GMAX 1.2.Scale is 1 unit = 1 foot. When I export the design through GMAX using the makemdl from the SDK the model is waaaaaay to big and also moves around the airport with me when I slew. I tried making the unit scale .3048 and it did not make any difference.Pics attachedNow if I create the BGL using the original makemdl that came with GMAX everything is fine. OK so what stupid mistake did I make? Any help would be appreciated.ThanksBigH/KDEN

Lou,Thanks for that, unfortunately I have already tried changing the scale both under customize|unit's setup and customize|preferences. Neither seemed to make a difference. It's like the program isn't converting feet to meters as it should when you export.BigH

Guest Firestriker

In the beginning, gWax 1.0 and the version of makemdl.exe that shipped with FS2002pro worked together and you set the scale in Preference to 1 drawing unit = 1 foot. With the new makemdl.exe from the MakemdlSDK the units need to be set to 1 drawing unit = 1 meter. Everyone was having scale problems when the new makemdl.exe first came out.

Thanks I will give it a whirl.BigHEdit:That was the ticket. Thanks Lou