Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Bitmap naming convention used by RESAMPLE ?

I currently have some VTPm2 code, that uses named textures. But, I want to have my textures blended with the surrounding landclass textures.From the great information I have read here (from Dick and othes), I am hoping that this will work, if I replace the named textures with "253" (I use seasonal textures).I am guessing that when FS2002 sees a texture "253" for a LOD13 cell, it will search for an appropriate texture, using the same naming convention as those created by RESAMPLE. Correct ?If this is true, then what is the format of the files created by RESAMPLE ?For example, here is one of the Niagra Falls example textures:003101031321011Su.bmpI know about the seasonal suffixes. But what is the format of the rest of the file ? I assume that it is some combination of LOD8 and LOD13 cell quadrants.I am not using RESAMPLE to create the bitmaps, so I need to mimic it's naming convention. That is, provided that I am understanding the use of "253" and custom landclass textures correctly.Thanks guys,Allen

Allen, the convention is based on this module: 0 12 3in which each number represents an LOD 13 grid.this pattern is applied to LOD 13 for the last number, LOD 12 for the second to last, etc.I compiled this data recently to be able to predict which textures I wanted to edit, I'll include it here as further examples. Study the pattern of the last digit and the second to last digit. the numbers shown are a shortcut, cuz the scenery didn't cover enough area to impact the initial digits, only the last seven values are depicted. 2012020 2012021 2012030 2012031 2012120 2012121 2012130 20121312012022 2012023 2012032 2012033 2012122 2012123 2012132 2012133 From its name we know your texture:003101031321011Su.bmp is made of an LOD13 that is the upper right quarter of an LOD12 that is the upper right quarter of an LOD11 that is the upper LEFT quarter of an LOD10 that is the upper right quarter of an LOD9 that is the LOWER LEFT quarter....etc.etc.etc....

Thanks guys !Yikes, I am glad I asked. I'm not sure that I could have ever cracked that naming convention.Allen

If you use LandCalc2, you'll need FSUIPC installed as a module in your sim. Then, in windowed view: enter a flight, go to slew mode, and then double-click the LandCalc2 icon to start the small program.You'll see the number of the Ground-tile the plane is over as a yellow-highlighted name. You can then select, copy'n'paste the name, if you like.It seems to work pretty good.Dick

In your explanation, are you starting with the numbers closest to the Su and working backwards, i.e., 1, 1, 0, 1, 2, etc?