Sign in to follow this  

I have two hours to decide -- which would you buy?

Based on your experience, which enhances FS2002/CFS2 more? A descent set of speakers with subwoofer, or CH Pro pedals (used with a Sidewinder joystick).Please don't say "gotta get the yoke" or anything...this is a lmited choice :).Just know someone out there has a good opinion on this.THANKSmichael

I'm sure that you already have some sort of sound, OK, it may not be the highest quality sound. Can you live with it? And just how much difference will the new sound be?On the other hand, adding the pedals will give you more realism in terms of how to taxi, how to do crosswind landings, and so forth.Hands down, I'd go with the pedals...no question!!! Go for the pedals!Regards, and have fun either way you decide to go,Jay

If you want to play then I guess the speakers.However if you want to be a bit more serious get the pedals, far more control than the twisty stick thingy :-) and your wrist doesn't hurt as much :-)And when you can afford it get yourself a seperate throttle control, again more control than the little wheel on the SW.For anyone new out there on a limited budget check out the Saitek X36 (X45) combo; IMHO I consider it good value for money and you can easily add Pedals later.The default rudder and throttle controls are far better than the SideWinder ones.

I think the expression is that you don't hear the bullet that will kill you so for CFS2 I think you would be better suited being able to put a hard left or right rudder in at a time. On landing in FS2K2 you can't hear the wind when you come in on approach and how in the world will you straighten out a nasty crosswind without some good rudders.Carmine "The Big Ragu" :-cool

The only prob I have with pedals is that then I'd always have to use them which I know is more realistic, but sometimes it's nice to just sit casually and not have to be in a rigid position. The only reason I'm even weighing pedals vs sound is since buying CFS2. If those flak bursts rumble, it would be so cool.Do the pedals make that much of a difference over twist-axis with the helos??thanks guys ... i never fear decisions made after asking advice here.michael

I can actually fly a descent crab angle with my twist grip, but it's obviously difficult.perhaps a refinement of my question.CH Pro pedals or the cheaper, "regular" pedals....also, being USB this just plugs in and I set it under assignments and that's it, right?thanks againmichael

Pro Pedals give you toe brakes which I personally find very usefull along with the combination of my Flight Sim Yoke.Carmine "The Big Ragu" :-cool