Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Adding a VOR

Guest MiguelSantos

Hi guys,Could anyone tell me how I add a VOR ou NDB in the "world", but without inside "my airport"?? I made one in Groundmaker, And I would like to setup SID's and STAR's, and for that I want to add some VOR or NDB around the airport. Placing them phisically with groundmaker I think I don't have much problem. The big one for me is adding to the AFD files, since I would like to visualize them at the FS2002 MAP.I was thinking on Airport for Windows to do that, but I'm not sure how!Thanks guys.Miguel

Guest fame

Hi Miguel:Take a look at the following:EASYNAV (EN2K400.zip)Extract and edit ILS, VOR, NDB and markers from FS2000 and FS2002 BGL files. Compile navaids databases to stand-alone BGL's.I hope this helps in some small way, visit the URL below (see sig), for additional ideas and suggestions.Good luckTom G, Sr.

Guest MiguelSantos

Hi Tom,Thank you very much. I'm already using it. In fact, you solved one of my problems but I still have one: since now I can edit (and I don't know yet but guess that I can add too) any navaids near "my" airport, but what about adding in AFD files?. I know that I can edit with AFCAD the existing navaids, but what about adding?Thank you.Miguel

The AFCAD files don't provide the actual NAVAID to fly. They provide the information necessary for the Airport selection menu, Map View, etc. They also provide the information for the AI relative to runways, taxiways, and gates. You can make an AFD file with one of the scenery design programs or copy a nearby AFCAD file and change all the data using Notepad or Wordpad. The AFDFiles go in the scenedbAFDFilesScenery folder while your NAVAID file belongs with your airport or other airport scenery files.

Guest MiguelSantos

Hi Sieffert,I got that and I already knew that. I already add some VOR to my scenery, so I already have there a Navaid, the problem is that I would like to see it on the mao view, and of course, on the flight planner menu so I can program a route incluiding those navaid!So! How can I add a VOR to the AFD files? I know that I can edit a navaid (like a VOR or NDB) with AFCAD, But I want to add one!Thanks in advance.Miguel

Here are the steps I used to create the tutorial for the Test Isle in Airport for Windows (AFW).I made my airport with runways, taxiways, NDB, VOR, etc. In AFW, I selected the option to make an AFD file, filled in all the information about frequencies, location, names, country, etc. I ensured AFW directory window knew the correct location of my AFD files. I compiled the scenery, including the visual and AFD scenery files. Restarted fs2002, it cataloged the new scenery, and voila, the correct visual scenery was present, the map view scenery was present, and it shows up on the GPS. I can select the new airport in the flight planner to fly to and from.I am sure other scenery design programs provide this capability. If not, you can use a combination of design tools to make the files.