Sign in to follow this  

I need a simple, and quick example!

To you scenery gurus out there I need your help!I need a simple step by step working example of how to do the following. I started going through the tutorials of AIRPORT 2.60 and the sample that of how to use the Jetway API by Shehryar Ansari, but quite honestly I'm totally confused. This is all so very new to me! Generic tutorials do not work for me I learn better when I have a specific task to accomplish such as what follows:First; all my FS2002 and Airport 2.60 for Windows are in the default installation directories.Here is what I want to do. Open the existing scenery for the KBOI airport and using Shehryar Ansari's JETWAY.API, add jetways to the real world locations.I do not wish to recreate a whole bunch of stuff! I only want to add the JETWAYS. How difficult can that be? If someone would be so kind and write a step by step setup to compile using this scenario I could then follow along and learn by your example. I honestly tried to go through the help and tutorials and they just do no help me. Will you? Thanks

Is there no one out there willing to lend a hand? I have a paypal account! Hint, Hint!

I can't know how other's feel but statements like:<>tend to turn me off. It feels like you assume that the amount of scenery you hope to create makes the process easy....kind of like, if the process actually turns out to be complicated, then what, will I have wasted my time cuz you'll give up?So perhaps you are waiting for that person that agrees with you that design is simple for a newbie (as long as you don't want to design too much).Best,Bob Bernstein

Bob,Fogive me! Out of frustration comes strange verbage! I know this is not going to be easy and no I will not give up. Can I help it I am not as bright as many of you scenery designer are, Iwish I could, but I just can not seem to get started.I went through the sample tut all I got was an error about scenery file 139 not found! Whatever the heck that means. I must have some of the paths incorrectly stated or something. My original posting was to request a step by step to add a gate to an exisiting DEFAULT terminal building. I thought, once I get started perhaps things would become a bit clearer to me.Thanks for straighten me out!

Scott, if you have fssc, I can help you. its free, by Derek Leung. I don't know airport, so I'm not the one to talk you thru setting that one up. You'll likely want to use one or the other of these programs to place api macros.they are free downloads, let me know if you use fssc, otherwise there are plenty of airport gurus round here that will help you.B

I just deleted my previous post giving perhaps a solution to Scott's problem. I never tried this, but heard on another forum from rather very reliable source, so i believe it works. I posted this solution, but on the second thought - I hesitated and deleted it. And here is a question: should we or shouldn't we make changes in someones scenery work? Sure one may ask and secure the permission, but will that be always the case? Perhaps that should be discussed first. Sorry...Ted

Ted,Nobody is modifiying somebody else's scenery! Unless you are referring to adding to the DEFAULT MS scenery!

>Scott, if you have fssc, I can help you. its free, by Derek >Leung. I don't know airport, so I'm not the one to talk you >thru setting that one up. You'll likely want to use one or >the other of these programs to place api macros. >>they are free downloads, let me know if you use fssc, >otherwise there are plenty of airport gurus round here that >will help you. >>B Bob,If you can help me accomplish my goal with FSSC, (does it work for FS2002?), then start writing as I am on my way to download it now! Does it support GMAX APIs? I ask because the FREE download of JETWAYS are GMAX APIs. Thanks, Bob! I surely do appreciate the help, and I know the pilot that fly into the airports where the jetways will reside will appreciate it too!Scott

apis are apis!let me know when you have fssc.

Sorry, taht my help wasn't too much so far. Consider checking KBOI scenery by Andrew Niiranen. It has all gates and also AFCAD for AI traffic. Hope that will fit your needs.Ted

I don't want to disturb the ongoing discussion, but I have some comments to make :).When I read the origional question I get the feeling that you want to load the default scenery and then add something. But most design programs (maybe Architect is the exception, but I don't know the payware version) do not allow you to load or display the default scenery.This is a often made error by new designers, they want to make changes to the default BGL files.The best thing you can thus do is to make a screenshot from the current scenery, then use that as a background image in FSSC (or Airport or GroundMaker). If you place and scale it correct you can then place your macros on top of that.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

>The best thing you can thus do is to make a screenshot from >the current scenery, then use that as a background image in >FSSC (or Airport or GroundMaker). If you place and scale it >correct you can then place your macros on top of that. Arno,That is exactly what I wish to do! The trick, I am finding, is to scale the BMP background image correctly, as well as, the GMAX API, so that all is in the correct location. If you know of any tricks to accomplishing this in the most efficient manner, please feel free to jump right in on the thread. Thank you in advance for submitting your observations.

Perhaps I could be of help now ... If you do not mind Bob and Arno. I use the same background image of airport (plan or even FS top view shot) with known resolution say 2.4 m = 1 pixel as a backgroung picture for gMax (top viewport) and FSSC or other groundmaking program. Middle of the runway usually is my centerpoint x=0 y=0 in both instances. All objects are also scaled to runway size. Now how to establish 2.4m =1 pixel? I use known length of the runway, basic A2+B2=C2 if runway at the angle > 0 deg and finaly read size A & B of that runway in pixels from cut and paste in paint program. I hope that it was clear and helpful. Ted