Sign in to follow this  
Holger

AFCAD and Control Tower

Hi to everyboby builders,I have problems moving the control tower view using AFCAD, I drag the control tower (the pink circle with the T inside) in the real position and I set in the properties its height.I save the modifications I have made but while all the other changes take effect in FS2002 after relaunching it, the tower view is always in the original (wrong) position...sigh!Thanks to anyone replying to meRoberto

If you are talking about viewing the location of the actual tower in the scenery then it is not the control tower location in AFCAD. The AFCAD tower location is the tower view you see when you cycle through the views with Shift+S. You can move this tower view in the map mode, zoom out, click and drag the tower to a different location for the present flight.If you want to physically move the scenery tower then you would have to design new scenery an insert the new tower location and exclude the default tower location.

Hi Roberto:However, if you're talking about the tower VIEW, it's a problem that Lee Swordy mentions in the "Problems and Q&A" section of the AFCAD user manual. If you change the tower location in AFCAD but use flights that were saved before the changes, you will end up - for that flight - with the original tower view. The tower view location is stored in the .flt file and not updated unless you save a new flight. Lee suggests to copy the coordinates from the AFCAD window (double-click on the tower symbol) and paste it into the .flt file in the [Tower] section.Cheers, Holger

Hello Good Morning,thank you both for your reply!Yes I mean the Control Tower view that can be obtained cycling view with Shift+S.About Holger answer, I'm sorry but I didn't notice this Lee's advice about saving *.flt before moving the CT view with AFCAD.On thursday evening I'll be in FS2002 again and I'll try.I want thank you for you quick help, and may be that I could do it sending you what I'm setting up with AFCAD, but I don't know if you are interested in: LIMC Apt - Malpensa Milan Apron for the superb ISD-Project scenery, downloadable at www.isdproject.com.I think to go on with their other scenery Genoa if they haven't done yet.To the nextCiaoRoberto