Sign in to follow this  

Who's got high FPS, with what PC spec??

I'm looking at upgrading my system to something which produces high FPS.Anyone getting good high FPS with their systems??CheersWill

AMD 1800+ XP512 Meg DDR PC2700Epox 8K3A+ MBGainward GeForce4 4600 128MBSB AudigyWD 7200 RPM 45Gig 60Gig & 100GigYamaha 20X CDRWEverything maxed except Ground Scenery Shadows OFF and Terrain Mesh Complexity to 80 and I stay above 17fps at places like KLAX and everywhere else is 30+ fps using PSS airbus or Archer as well. I also run at 1024X768X32 using Direct3D Quincunx AntiAliasing and disable the antialiasing option inside FS2K2.Carmine "The Big Ragu" :-cool

1800xpati8500 64mb512mb 2100ddrwin98se1280x1024x32everything max=exceptno ground shadows.....dont like themvis=60nmatc 90%fps set at twenty...stays there except cities goes to 15-16 best wishes steveuk

Guest PaulL01

>I'm looking at upgrading my system to something which >produces high FPS. >>Anyone getting good high FPS with their systems?? >>Cheers >>Will You can have a system like mine for right around $1000 if you buy it and put it together all yourself.Tis a bargain performer and keeps right up ther with some of the best out of the box systems.http://www.frontiernet.net/~pleatzaw/images/46_fps.jpgBut if you want a "real" machine, check out Mr.TomatoSauce's (Carmine :) ) specs (above) thats a killer rig!Paul

AMD Duron 900256megs PC133 SDRAMNvidia TNT2WinME(laughing yet?)Everything max except mesh=75, clouds=40, no ground shadows.Consistent lock at 20fps.With water detail/reflection off or AI aircraft off I lock at 25fps.

Guest Max Cowgill

Way to go mid-range systems! This gives me hope for my lowly PIII 800MHz, (now) 256MB PC133 SDRAM, (soon-to-be) GF2 64MB video, Win2k system. I was hoping for something in the 20-fps range with a similar FS2k2 settings to yours, guess I was right :)Max Cowgill

Guest PaulL01

>AMD Duron 900 >256megs PC133 SDRAM >Nvidia TNT2 >WinME >>(laughing yet?) >Not from me, I stretched out an old P90 Win95 system up until last October, I had kept upgrading it and was using a AMDK6-2-300 O/C eventually to 400 w/128mb EDO and was using a Viper550-TnT16 card. I did all of my Photrealistic scenery work on that machine,I used to be pretty pleased that I could open up a 600mb Tiff file in Photoshop from a CD even though at the time (95) I only had 16mb of ram and a 2mb ATI mach64 video card! The people here at Kodak who where trying to help me said it was imposible (as well as everyone else) Just dont ask how long it took to open or to edit.........1hr..........2hr.................4hr.............6hr............And dont ask how long the HD lasted! :-lolThat Duron will O/C pretty nicely ya know! :)Paul

25 fps, 95 pct of the time (I keep fps locked at 25)....System: P3/800, GeF/2 TI, 98SE, 256Megs RamI accomplish this sleight of hand on a lower-end system by enabling AI only around low detail cities, and leaving Autogen off altogether unless I plan on some low-level bush flying. I also leave water detail and reflections off... Everything else is maxed, except for ground shadows--they are disabled....John

Guest Max Cowgill

>>AMD Duron 900 >>256megs PC133 SDRAM >>Nvidia TNT2 >>WinME >>>>(laughing yet?) >>>>Not from me, I stretched out an old P90 Win95 system up >until last October, I had kept upgrading it and was using a >AMDK6-2-300 O/C eventually to 400 w/128mb EDO and was using >a Viper550-TnT16 card. >>I did all of my Photrealistic sceney work on that machine,I >used to be pretty pleased that I could open up a 600mb Tiff >file in Photoshop from a CD even though at the time (95) I >only had 16mb of ram and a 2mb ATI mach64 video card! The >people here at Kodak who where trying to help me said it was >imposible (as well as everyone else) Just dont ask how long >it took to open or to >edit.........1hr..........2hr.................4hr.............6hr............And >dont ask how long the HD lasted! :-lol LOL Paul! Reminds me of the time I *tried* to run Windows NT 4.0 Workstation on my 486 50MHz, 12MB ram, 500MB HD system 6 years ago. Boy was that an adventure... ;) I actually got it to run after attempting to install it at least 20 times, and it ran ok (albeit extremely slow) for a few days, then it just refused to load NT anymore so I switched back to Win95.Max Cowgill

Guest Max Cowgill

>25 fps, 95 pct of the time (I keep fps locked at 25).... >>System: P3/800, GeF/2 TI, 98SE, 256Megs Ram >>I accomplish this sleight of hand on a lower-end system by >enabling AI only around low detail cities, and leaving >Autogen off altogether unless I plan on some low-level bush >flying. I also leave water detail and reflections off... >Everything else is maxed.... Nice John. What kind of performance decrease do you see when Autogen is enabled? Your system is almost identical to what mine will be in another week or so (different O.S. though) and I'd like to see EXACTLY what kind of performance a virtually identical system to mine gets when enabling/disabling such features as Autogen, ATC, AI aircraft, etc. I plan to run at 800x600x32 w/2x FSAA and probably 8-tap anisotropic w/bilinear or trilinear filtering, then adjust in-sim settings accordingly to get a constant 20fps.Max Cowgill

The first notch of Autogen hardly impacts fps at all.... I still maintain around 25fps. Maxing it out can lower fps to around 15-20, except in highly detailed areas like that around LAX, where fps can lower to 12 or so (normally I get around 20 at LAX with Autogen off). I also run in 800x600x32, which I'm sure helps.... I'm running with FS's AA enabled, and I have anisotropic filtering set at the max level my GeF/2 supports. Neither hits fps in a noticeable way.I've never been a big fan of Autogen, although I feel it's well implemented. And it is entertaining when I roll out my F16 and skim the rooftops at 900kts... I often wonder if my not using Autogen contributes to the success I've had in not dealing with blurry textures. After all, those buildings absorb texture slots, just like the ground scenery.The best improvement on my system came when I enabled anisotropic filtering, lowered the LOD to -.5, and enabled AA. Before that, the default night textures took on a dim and pinkish hue. Now they are crisp, clear, and make night flying very realistic. Day textures stay clear, but not so clear as to look unrealistic. All in all, I feel MS delivered on its promise to make FS2002 run well on 800MHZ systems. I'm quite happy with the compromises I've made... Along with the input from the Nvidia users who convinced me to try the tweaks, along with the card in general.

Guest Max Cowgill

Thanks for the response John. I can't wait to pop that GF2 in my system and fire up FS2k2 Pro for the first time :)Max Cowgill

Counting down the days I see, let me know how it goes with your new computer!Maul

jerrycwo4 Carmine, Are you the one that made that 41.6 FPS screenshot of downtown Chicago? W O W !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm the one with the DUEL AMD 1800+ computer with 1 GB of 2100 RAM and just look at the differance in our screen shots!!!! Mine looks like S *** compared to yours, and it should be the other way around.What in the world did you do to your system to get a picture that sharp? PLEASE tell me !!! Thanks Jerry My screen shot is below (it embarrases me to post it !! This is from a $7500 computer.galfred3@cox.net

Look at this picture Only a 750 cpu and an old 3D prophet DDR_DVI Video Card384 Memory I think It is not always the power of the PC but the combination of all of the hardware.3cd320111afe55d5.jpg