Sign in to follow this  

Time controlled effects

Hi GuysI don't know if this is possible, but I am trying to create an Api or textured polygon (in Airport 2.9) that is time sensitive. So that I can make it appear, stay for a short while (a couple of days or so) and then disappear again. I know there is something in Fs2002 that lets fireworks show on November 5th. Can anyone help at all.Most gratefulJohn

Yes, this is possible. It would require you to add some checks on the date or time in the scenery. But then it will work.I have some information about this at home (and a small tutorial, but that's in Dutch :D). I'll have a look at it when I come home and post some examples here tomorrow.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi ArnoMany thanks yet again my friend.Look forward to your suggestions.RegardsJohn

Hi John,Yes, variable 38C (hex) is the number of the day of the year (1..365) ... you can thus check with normal IfVar code (SCASM) whether this variable is set to the value (or in the range) that you want, then do your effect if it is.Hope this helps,Iain.

Iain,Where could a person find a list of all the variables available for check/manipulation in bgl files?thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Fs98 SDK, Fs2000 SDK, SCASM docs. With those 3 sources you should be able to find most.I forgot to reply to the earlier post.Here is a list of variables that are used for time/date checks (I checked them in Fs2000, but I guess they still work).

28C   time of day		1 day		2 dusk/dawn		4 night388   minute (GMT)		1...59389   hour (GMT)		1...2438A   day		1...36538C   year		eg. 20036F8   season		0 winter		1 spring		2 summer		3 autumn

As already listed in the earlier post you use them in the following way:

IfVarRange( :notshown var val1 val2 ); code you want to display only on the specific condition:notshown

So you place a IfVarRange in front of the code you want to have the condition. The label (:notshown) point to a place after that code. var is the variable you want to check for (see list before) and val1 and val2 are the values between which the var must be for the following code to be executed.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi ArnoMany thanks for that. I will have a go and see what I can do.BrillJohn