Sign in to follow this  
arno

Aircraft light tecnology in lamps: A new chance

Hi peopleThis night i was thinking about my last post about trying to create a new lamp using Kaveh Payandeh tecnology in night lightning in aircrafts.For those who doesn't know it, it iluminates the aircraft without changing the textures of the aircraft.The other post i tried to know if someone could use that tecnology to create a new lamp. People tried but no sucess.Now i thought in a new way: There is some airplanes that have a scenery with it, like this, when the aircraft is off, the included scenery appears, like cars, luggage, stairs etc.if we could iluminate all aircraft using Kaveh Payandeh light, like simulating it has a lamp over it, and when we turn on the aircraft, only the landing lights will work again(wings,the backlight,strobe lights,etc).we could use it in AI aircraft... if possible we can create a new way in flight simulatorthanks for your timei will wait for your answerFlavio Luiz

Thank you Flavio for this "heads up" about new light effects. It surely looks impressive on the plane. The only minor problem I see, is that this pariculary light effect (as many others)is applicable, I think, ONLY to the MDL of the aircraft (AI including). There is nothing wrong with your concept though and it may really work - try to mention it on aircraft design forum as well.Ted

WOW! I thought about a similar idea tonight...in fact thats the only reason I did a search for 'effects' to see if anyone else knew!My plan is to use a custom effect file to create ramp lights that illuminate everything under them and also the buildings near them...no luck in getting a bgl effect to illuminate anything so far though :(Have you made any more progress on this?I noticed Richard Goldstein has done a similar thing successfully with Georender 4.Oli.

Until now I haven't succeeded in getting a light effects file to work in the scenery. If someone knows an effect file that works, please let me know :).Until now the best option is the BGL_LIGHT (or Light in SCASM) command. This does light the ground, but not other 3D objects.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog