Sign in to follow this  
Guest fumey

Ground2K

Guest fumey

Hi,Sorry, I'm late answeringAbout VB6FR.dll I have decided do not distribuate the VB dlls because of their KO volume , but I use only usual 'controls', avoiding progress bars and so one.You can easily find this .dll; sorry again.the goal of Ground2K : - to hide from users as much as possible the lOD13, LOD8, Cells, Areas notions. You can create polygons, water, lines, being ignorant of this vocabulary. Of course, if you want know and work more with LWM/VTP, you must learn LWM/VTP in details; and I display the corresponding information for people who want to make relation with the generated code.- to be able to be very precise in drawing lines and polygons. That's why I have chosen to start, if possible, with a map; there are different possibilities to locate a bitmap on the earth; I have chosen to start with 2 point references in the bitmap; it is a general solution, independent of LOD13/LOD8.Of course, you can also use a screenshot.About screenshot : FS uses a projection method that makes false the picture compare to the ground reality. Graphically speaking, subroutines use some coefficients to alter the perspective; Effectively, in FS you can change one, and only one coefficient. That's why I advise to use map pictures.For Chris : thanks for your congratulations. Send me directly a short message in order to have your Email address; I shall answer as soon as possible. My address : christian.fumey@wanadoo.frA last word : the developpement of this program has been possible with the help of the Avsim.com community; at the beginning I knew nothing about LWM/VTP. I thank again (a lot) the people who have give me information, specially Dick who takes time to repeat often what we have not immediately understood.Begin with his LWM tutorial; I cannot do better. Just now, We need a VTP guide summarizing all the last avsim messages. that's a lot to do.ThanksChristian

Hi Christian,I don't know whether you got a lot of feedback via email that encourages you to continue. The response here in the forum was just by the experts getting into details - no offend intended, guys!I just want to thank you for your great program. I've tested it over the last couple of days with most of the features it has to offer and I must simply say, it works! It is the first tool I know of that is able to KEEP a project file for both VTP and LWM and add more items (like lakes and roads etc.) later on by loading it all again.I was working with LWMDraw and the other great bells and whistles offerd here in the forum. This is the first tool trying to combine what the experts here have found out so far.So, Christian, please continue! It would be a shame if your great tool would not be rated/used/tested as it deserves.Hopefully you will find someone who is willing to write the English docs. They are hard to understand if you don't know more about what's going on with VTP/LWM etc.Keep up th good work,Rainer

Thank you Christian for this program and Rainer for refreshing this thread with your enthusiastic and positive post. I would also suggest to develop further this program, polish the manual making it less criptic in some spots and perhaps make "step-by-step" tutorial of what can be done with this tool. The main intent of this tool was, as I understood, to make proces more user friendly. It nearly succeeded and for one I've read and reread the entire manual and I am in slow process of creating my first Project. Ted

Guest Richard Hill

Wouldn't it be great if this program allowed opne to use LULC, Shgape/DLG data inplace of map files that are usualy rather outdated, develope a map and edit ant changes.Also do you know of any sites where one can obtain the type of US maps used?Richard;

Guest fumey

Thanks to the congratulations.About the documentation, even in French it is difficult to do something clear, structured, think to the English translation, and I use a very poor language !; Excuse-me, what is 'LULC, Shgape/DLG data' ? Christian

Guest Richard Hill

Christan;It should have read LULC Land Class Land Use DataShape/DLG Shape .SHP files are simular to DLG Digital Land Graphs that define City road,highway,railway areas and Water,River,Stream, resivor and Lake areas. Sometimes I miss keys once and a while.Richard;

Hi Christian,Also for my part a great Thank You for this tool! It handles lots of things very well indeed. I like the way it handles huge areas, the way it can nest polygons and the fact that you can draw several polygons within a LOD13 area with no problem. I really hope that you will continue developing it! I have been testing Ground2K for a while now, comparing it to Coastline Maker and LWMdraw, and my little wishlist for improvements is slowly growing... I hope it's ok to put up some wishes here:- When making several new lines/polys in a big project you always

Guest fumey

Hello Bamce,I like the idea to have a quick selection; the different options could be prepared by the user; in fact I have thought to remember the last settings, but I decided to distribute the first release without this option because of the time needed to write the documentation; When we are finishing a program we are lazzy adding what is detail for us !, but I understand, useful for the users.Lines endings : some of you are trying to discover how it works really; there are some possible values (as 7) in unused fields, therefore I'm waiting today, spending time to find an efficient way to re-mesh flattens. The solution, right now, is to draw 2 close points at each end of the line.Coastline : Coastline maker, I siuppose, is specialized in coasts,i.e the program is adapted.(I never test other programs working on the same subject that mine, thus, avoiding to copy what other people have done; so I do not know the possibilities of Coasline Maker)I can differenciate coastlines and shorelines; for coastlines I can fill automatically the rest of the Lod13, on the land side. We suppose that landclass is pre-existing under the coastline.Thanks for your comments.Your ideas are recorded.Christian

Guest drix

Hi Christian,I just discovered how to apply a textured VTP2 poly over my local airport to mask the city and autogen encroaching on the airport property using your excellent program. I would like to thank you for your excellent work!!