Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

I'm sure this has been posted before...

Guest tcable

I'm creating a terminal in GMAX, ok for now (I have not really started with the material editor yet) and I want to get my untextured scenery into FS2002- I can do so fine by compiling my object into a BGL and seeing it in FS, but I'd like to be able to place it with Airport (as much as a test as anything- to slap Shez' jetway macros on it) I'm now going around in circles in creating the library object.Here's what I've done...Compiled into BGL, saving the files (*.asm) from there I go nowhere fast. I can decompile the object into the SCA file but I can't seem to do anything with it- I have not tried recompling as I already have a usable BGL to begin with. I just want a library object that I can use with airport, then I can easliy place the jetway objects on it- to see what I'm working with. Importing this SCA file into airport yields-- nothing. I have nothing in airport to look at. I suspect that my final solution will be to build the terminal, place it as a dedicated BGL, then place the jetways as a separate BGL (for framerate) off of a background bitmap. I'm just using this as a learning tool for myself in order to generate a scenery that I'll be proud of.Tim

Hi Tim,Try FsRegen. With that tool you can create an object library from the ASM files of GMax.You can find FsRegen here:http://www.nhreas.com/fsregen.htmlAlthought the process isn't that complicated, if you need a tutorial have a look at my website, you'll find one there.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest tcable

I figured that you would reply Arno :)I thought that FSREGEN was the answer but wasn't sure.Tim