Sign in to follow this  

Wind speed / direction in FS2002

Hi all,In FS98 (and FS2000 too I think), it was possible to rotate scenery objects according to the wind direction - useful for flags, ships at anchor etc. The trick was to use variable $C74, something like:TransformCall( Flag: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 C74 )However, this seems to have no effect in FS2002 - does anyone know the equivalent in FS2002? Is this the reason that FS Architect windsocks don't work in FS2002?Also, is there any way to read the wind speed, so that items like windmills can be turned at different rates depending on wind speed?Thanks for any pointers!Cheers,Iain.

Guest gorchi

Hi Iain!It still works, the catch is that You must use two macros that use this variable, so let say once in api for flag and once for API anemometer.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Wow - it works, as simple as that! Thanks for the fix!Any idea how to cope with wind speed as a variable?Cheers,Iain.

C72 should be windspeed.As Goran said you need to have two macros visible to let it work, so now and then I hide one in a hangar or so to get it working.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Do you have any idea what the units are? Is the variable value in MPH or km/h or m/s or some other value?Many thanks!Iain.

I'm grateful to Arno for learning me this some time ago. Now I'm also hiding small windsocks in hangars etc. just like Arno. :)

I do not remember, but I think I use values between 0 and 15 for my checks and then it seems to work well with the wind settings you can set. But I have no clue what the actual unit is.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

After a little experimenting with the C72 wind speed variable ...Wind=None - corresponds to 0-5Wind=Light/Moderate - corresponds to 6-20Wind-Heavy/Severe - corresponds to 20+which is fine for my purposes (a windmill) - I presume you could split up Light and Moderate etc.So I'd guess the value is in MPH.Cheers,Iain.