Sign in to follow this  
scott967

KMEM NG

Hello all,I am needing some help getting Vladimir Svoboda's KMEM next generation to work properly. I have a warning when I load the flight sim with Memphis as the starting point, or when flying into the memphis area.I have isolated the problem to KMEM_base.bgl by starting with all bgl's loaded and removing one at a time until only one was left with the warning.I then used a BGL analyzer downloaded from AVSIM to extract the bitmaps to a text file. I searched for these files on my hard drive and they are all there, and are either in my: ADDON SCENERY/KMEM/Texture folder or my FS2002/texture folder.I would really love to have this fine scenery operational and am not sure what to do. any help would be appreatiated.I contacted the author about 3 weeks ago and I have not recieved a response.I have attached a screenshot of my warning.Thanks in advance for any help,John

Hi John.Here's an output from FSRegen:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002SCENEDBCitiesmemphisSceneryMemphis.bgl This is a Visual/Default data file Old file format (pre fs-7) Lat bounds : 35* 0.0004 to 36* 0.0006 Lon bounds : -90* 60.0 to -90* 0.0 UNCOMPRESSED file (FL_Spare2=0) no object data >> LIBRARY data at offset 80 no terrain data no msa data no VOR data no ADF data no facility data no dynamic data no Ecxeption data no misc data no mag.var.data no afd data=============================================Library Objects : 1 016F088AFh,04D6C7F6Bh,0F6A99B9Ch,0D22B7F9Ah, 0.5 0 0 tn02a=============================================The sim is looking for a library object that resides in "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002SCENEDBCitiesmemphisSceneryMemphis.bgl"I don't believe you should have deleted that file or deactivated that folder. The only thing in that BGL is the library object... and obviously the sim still wants to load it.Dick

I'm not sure he deleted anything before he noticed the problem. I have received the same warning with the KMEM scenery, but I never contacted the author(I meant to, but you know how that goes...). I never deleted any files from the orginal zip distro. My understanding is that he only started deleting in order to debug.andy

Fixed! Thanks Dick, I had unchecked "memphis" in the scenery library when I installed the KMEM_NG scenery.Is FSRegen a freeware analyzer? That would help troubleshoot these type of problems.Thanks again for your help,John

I did the same thing , unchecked the memphis file. But i have another problem with this kmem ng.. I still have the old scenery as well as the new at the same time. I know that there is a level code to install, but i don't think i put it in the right place or something. anyone plz help. thanx danny

>Is FSRegen a freeware analyzer? That would help troubleshoot >these type of problems. Yes, FsRegen is freeware. It's a design tool that can be used to process GMax files and besides that it has some tools for working with libraries.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

You probably miss the exclude then. Check the readme, maybe you must add some exclude lines to the scenery.cfg file.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

There were missing textures in this scenery. The authorput the revised ones up on AVSIM lib as kmem_ng_fix.zipscott s..