Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

VTP Rivers and FS

Guest gorchi

Hi,I have found out something that may be a little redicolous but no matter how many hours I have spent on this problem, I can't make it work same avery time.I have two lakes, separated by let's say 30 VTP points apart and they are even in same LOD13 quadrant. I just wanted to have straight line from one lake to another, so I used 5 points: 3 at the beggining and 2 at the end (to prevent tapper). Width of river vas 220. But in FS there was no river!!!. Okay, I corrected the code and inserted one more point. Now river appeared in fs in a shape of letter S, althought the line was more or less somewhere in the middle of direction. I started moving the point east-west, north-south but river was still S shaped. But more points I have added, more straight it was. Then I moved few LOD13 quadrants away to look the river omming from another lake an come back to my troubled river and this time river had completely different shape. Then I removed all points so only 6 stayed, where one was in the middle. And tested again. This odd behaviour was seen again; as soon as I moved some LOD13 quadrants away and came back, river had strange shape. But funny though, that if I set width of river to let say 80, these problems were less obvious. Also I have seen this problem later when a part of river was crossing another LOD13 quadrant in another LOD8 quadrant. Begginig point was 4080,4096, ending point 4096, 4080 - straight line again. If I remember correctly I use texture 1025 for river and I am sorry that I do not have any screenshots here (I am at work now) but I can post them later.I am curious if this has something to do to those parameters that Rhumba and Christian do not know where to put them? Has anybody else experienced something similar?Best regardsGoran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Hi Goran.The width of the VTP lines is normally a maximum of 64. Look at the masking of the 'riversu.bmp', and I think you'll see your s-curved lines... If you need a width of that size, why not make it an LWM watermask, an line the banks with VTP shorelines?Dick

Guest gorchi

Hi Rhumba!Yes I looked into SDK and to the textures and saw those bends. I tried type 1 and 2 of texture to make this piece of river somewhat straight but it doesn't work. Anyway, at the end I will solve the problem probably using LWM, but the problem is, why in the same session FS is bending the river each time differently? Take a look to attached screenshots. And a remark to the width. On these pictures, river is wide 160 VTP points which is 4x to small. The river SAVA there is wide around 40m, and on screenshot 1, You can see cessna with its wingspan 11m, so the river here is about 15m wide. And there are many cases in here, that river is wider than FS can produce.Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net