Sign in to follow this  

Scenery Animation - Gmax to FS

I've now just finishing off one of my very detailed projects and i've animated a part of a building. It animates just fine in Gmax, but doesn't even move in FS.This is for scenery only.Is there a specific name i need to assign to an object, so that FS will recognise that it is suppose to animate?Thanks

Yup -- Tick18_objectnameFrom the MakeMDL SDK:If a part name has the prefix from the following table and the part has a keyframe animation, then that animation will be tied to a Flight Simulator variable. The total number of keyframes must not exceed 1024, which means that the maximum animation cycle is approximately 56 seconds.Tick18

HiI've named the animated part Tick18_wow, every 1/4 in the time scale and gone to export (just exporting that object) to see if it will animate in FS, and an error saying "Node tick18_wow has a scale applied. Remove before exporting".I'm wondering how do i remove this scale thingi it's on about?Do i need to apply the tick18_wow name to the material editor also?Cheers

No, you only need to apply it to the part name.Have you done anything special to the object, as I have never seen this error?Also, what is the scale you used in GMax, I think it works best with 1 unit = 1 meter, maybe that has something to do with it.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Firestriker

Will,Try selecting the object that is giving you the problem then go to the Heirachy tab and at the bottom under Reset click on the Scale button. This "should" cure the export error.

Guest nickw

Lou is right...That will workAnimated objects will not work if they have a scale applied (i.e you have stretched them or resized).Cheers,