Sign in to follow this  
Guest GabrielR

did the easy thing - now I'm stuck!!!

Guest GabrielR

Hi guys, you were right, Last nigt I played with the exclusions on my scenery and was able to exclude just the right objects (mainly buildings) and leave others (taxyways, aprons) Intact.That's why I like this community so much, Everybody's willing to share their knowledege with others, and make it easier for those like me that just have started.Now I keep working on my project, pretty sure, new questions will arise, it's nice to konw that they will not be left unanswered.Thanks

Hi Arno,>chain link fences have been a challenge, due to the >appearance of the different levels of mip mapping. The way you're doing it has also the advantege of creating good shadows of the fence as seen on your great screenshot attached. Using a (transparent) texture for a fence has no good shadow effect.Question:I can't remember how to avoid the black shadow generated by a transparent texture (like on trees also) in BGLC code. Do you know how to exclude the shadow - BGLC, NOT SCASM, I know there :-)Thanks,Rainer

>Hi Arno,I assume you mean Bob :), but still I have something to add here, so I will reply :).>The way you're doing it has also the advantege of creating >good shadows of the fence as seen on your great screenshot >attached. Using a (transparent) texture for a fence has no >good shadow effect.I agree there. Here is a picture of one of my VFR fields. This fence has completely been made with 3D objects (no textures, just a color). For a big field this method is probably to framerate heavy, but on my smaller VFR field it works great.http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/images/ehtx06.jpg>I can't remember how to avoid the black shadow generated by >a transparent texture (like on trees also) in BGLC code. Do >you know how to exclude the shadow - BGLC, NOT SCASM, >I know there :-) See my GMax tips on my site. Remove or comment out this line:

SHADOW_CALL OBJECT_0_SCALE

Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Rainer.There should be a line like this: SHADOW_CALL OBJECT_0_SCALEIt's the "SHADOW_CALL" that draws the shadow. You should be able to just delete that line of code.Caution! Make a backup first. :)Dick