Sign in to follow this  

Amsterdam (EHAM)

Does anybody know if there is a way to get FSNavigator to show the correct (new) runway designators? The ones I'm concerned with are the newly designated 18C/36C and 18L/36L runways (the other runways are OK). I changed the designators in AFCAD but FSNAV still shows the 'old' ones. I found the BGL file with the information which needs to be changed (F5400051.bgl). I can change the required info using BGLanalyze, but SCASM won't recompile it (too many errors). I know it's nothing I've done as SCASM (latest version d/l from the SCASM site) won't even recompile a disassembled version of the file which came fresh off the installation disks!Thanks.Keith....Wherever you go, there you are...

If you install a new scenery that contains the new runway (and also changes the other two) then you should let FsNavigator rebuild the database. After that it should display correct.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I've installed Marcel Ritzema' scenery for the sixth runway (36L/18R), but this new scenery doesn't change the other two north/south runways. This may be the case in the updates for NL2000 or Lago's scenery, but not for the default update. I have got - and would love to use - the NL2000 scenery, but unfortunately, my computer isn't up to it. FPS come down to 3-4, which is not useable.Keith....Wherever you go, there you are...

I understand, if I am correct LAGO has an update available and we are working on one. Let me see what I can do....Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Thanks, Arno.Keith....Wherever you go, there you are...

Can you test this file?http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/download/eham_fix.zipIt should work (seems to work fine here). It corrects the numbering of the two runways in the default scenery.Can you report back if it also works fine on your PC? Then I can upload it to avsim also.Arno

Arno

Arno,This half works. I'm seeing r/w 1L/18C and 36R/19L!!Any ideas?Cheers,Keith....Wherever you go, there you are...

I'll have a look. I only noticed at the 36C then sometimes I shaw 01L (and sometimes 36C).I don't know if FsNavigator also read the exclude (I guess not), so then it still finds both runways. That might be the source of the problem. I'll look at it.Arno

Arno

I had another look. Can't get it right with the fix.But when I made the changes to the origional BGL it works fine. Of course I can't distribute that one, as it is a MS BGL.Arno

Arno

Thanks for having a go at this, Arno. As I mentioned before, I can change the data in the BGL but can't get it to recompile. Any suggestions?Thanks again,Keith....Wherever you go, there you are...

What is the error(s) you get?Arno

Arno

>What is the error(s) you get? >>Arno Hi Arno,This is the error message I get no matter what file(s) I try to recompile.Error in line 10949 -> EndA -> -> Linebuffer (20478) overflow, line 9730/10713 truncated ! -> too many errors (32767 )Scasm compilation status: abortedThanks for your interest.Keith....Wherever you go, there you are...

OK, I had the same, that is easy to fix. Just write this line at the beginning of the file:Set( linebuf 20000 )Arno

Arno

>OK, I had the same, that is easy to fix. Just write this >line at the beginning of the file: >>Set( linebuf 20000 ) >>Arno Now it comes up with:-Error in line 1 -> Set( linebuf 20000 ) -> unknown flagError in line 10950 and so on.....Keith....Wherever you go, there you are...

Oeps, I should look it up and not do it by mind :)Should be this:Set( linbuf 20000 )Arno

Arno