Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pabra

best scenery for German Airports?

Can someone recommend the best scenery available for the main German Airports (freeware shareware or payware but downloadable preferrably)???Don't care about dynamic traffic (fly online anyway), but lots of accurate detail essential.I've looked at PC Aviators German Airports 3 on the web, looks good. any comments??thanks in advanceSunil Mulay

Hi Sunil,Yes, the series "German Airports 1..3" are really good from all what I have heard and I had the old versions for FS98. The new ones should be on their way to me soon. I got them from Aerosoft (they do upgrades if you had the old version). You can download them as individual ones but I think the complete packages are a much better deal as the individual ones are relatively expensive.(Aerosoft: http://www.aerosoft.de)(From your profile I saw that you are in the UK, is PC-Aviator there?)Cheers,Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

Aerosoft's German Airports series really is without compare. It's the one addon that has never left my harddrive. Absolutely accurate, very detailed and very framerate friendly given the level of detail. You can get the three boxed sets that each have about seven or eight airports including some smaller ones, or you can download individual airports from the simmarket direct download store at http://www.simmarket.com/online/gap/ They cost between $19 each for big airports like EDDF or EDDM and $15 for the midsized ones or sets of two or three smaller airports. You save some when you buy larger quantites. There is no dynamic aircraft scenery in any of the airports, so it should not interfere with online flights, though there are plenty of dynamic ground vehicles which look very cool. Freeware there is not much except the truly outstanding EDDW by Oliver Pabst, which has features not seen anywhere else, payware or freeware. There are also a few smaller airports out there as freeware, but for the main ones, you'll have to go with GAP. NB: there are currently no sceneries available for EDDI or EDDB, which is unfortunate. However, I'm told a German Airports 4 is in production which will include these and some other previuosly unfeatured smaller airports. Also a different team (with some overlap) will be publishing through Aerosoft a package called Eurowings Professional, which aside from some outstanding aircraft and European airports will feature some really sweet looking scenery for EDLW and EDDI judging by the previews: www.ew-projekt.deMisha

Guest Pabra

Amen to Misha's statement. I'm from holland but fly lufthansa 737 regional (since fs98) because of the terrific airports from aerosoft and their continueing support and developement. They are complete yet framerate friendly. And with afcad they are now fully fs2k2. Seems if someone creates a german apt it turns out great (bremen(pabst), Saarbrucken(heinz), Hahn(awarded), to name a few). Most of them reviewed by bear. I sure hope someone does landclass for this aerea soon to make it complete!