Sign in to follow this  
Guest nickw

A/C Nav/Scenery lights...

HiI'm trying to use a set of lights to be placed onto an apron lighting system as scenery. I'm using Gmax, and i'm assigning "Light_Nav" to each of the lights. I've noticed that these lights tend to make a group of lights MASSIVE! ie. getting bigger as you zoom out or move away.I've just seen that on some FSDS or Gmax aircraft for Fs2002, the a/c's nav lights stay the correct size all the time, and don't produce a "balloon" effect.Can i use a different type of light in gmax scenery other than the "light_nav" that will keep lights at the same constant size instead of creating a balloon effect, so just like keeping them like an a/c nav light??E.g. compare the IFDG 757 (ballooned nav lights) to the Robin DR400 (correct size nav lights) by Yannick Lavigne.Thanks

Yes Will! LOLcheck your inbox...I got a great new idea!Oli.

try using light_land command and adjust the angle.perhaps that might work for you

Guest nickw

I had the same problem with our scenery. E.g the lights getting massive as you moved further away.The answer was simple, when exporting, make sure the set the view distance to a lower level. That worked well for us.Cheers,