Sign in to follow this  
arno

Disappearing scenery?

Normally GMax uses the correct v2 value, so that shouldn't be the problem. But you write it is a large object, how large should we think a few hundreds of meters or more kilometers?Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I don't know how many kilometers you mean, but we had someone here before who had made an object that was that big that it got out of the maximum size that is possible. That size is something like 50 km if I am right. Can that be the problem?Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

No not that big... I have one bridge that is about 10 km and one that is about 20 km...

Mabey I should tel you that it disappears when looking away from the scenery center.

Maybe it is the v2 value then.Can you have a look in your ASM file, there should be a line like this:

SCALE_AGL   OBJECT_0_RETURN, 10000, [font color="red"]175[/font], 131072, 00043D426h, 038E4h, 0E38E38E3h, 08E39h, 0, 0

What does the red parameter say in your case? This should be large enough to create a circle where your complete object fits in.Arno

Arno

Hi inflight.I believe the object is too large. This could be easily tested by reducing the scale ( and therefore size ) of the object by 1/2, and seeing if the problem persists. That was the other designer's problem that Arno refered to... I think about 13km was a limit in size, but that isn't verified... the v1 distance has a strict limit in FS2002. I don't remember offhand that limit, but slew away from an airport, and you'll see a distance at where the default objects disappear. MS default object placement uses a v1 and v2 of zero.If the size is the problem, then the object could be broken into sections, with their own refpoints.Dick

Hi Arno and Dick,The V2 value that GMAX produce is good it covers the entire scenery but the problem still appears. So I will try to break it into smaller parts just as you said Dick... thanx for the help/Henrik

Hi again... tried to break the scenry into diffrent parst but the problem still occours. Is there a way to compile the asm files generated by MakeMdl to bgl after I

You need BGLC to compile the ASM source file.Arno

Arno

The same thing happens with BGLC... loads of errors. If just run everything via Gmax and MakeMdl I don

GMax makes two ASM file, whatever.asm and whatever_0.asm. You only need to compile the first, as it includes the other one. If you only changed the v2 value you shouldn't get loads of errors :).Arno

Arno