Sign in to follow this  

Can't figure out how to exclude NDB

Hi designersUsing Scenery Creator I've excluded an NDB to correct its position. The ADF finds my newly placed NDB correctly and FSNav does too. However, on the GPS I still see the default NDB. Am I overloking something simple, or must I manually edit the NDB out of the default afd file?cheers, halabraham

You might try EasyNavs from http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hsors/FS_Soft/index.html . I would try searching for the NDB using EasyNavs, make the adjustments, and resaving.Next delete the new NDB from your scenery. The VORs/NDBs/MKRs are stored in separate files. Some have had success excluding them and adding new but others not. I know Airport for Windows has an include VOR/NDB/MKR exclude but I haven't used it since the airport I was dealing with the NAVAIDs were correct.

Hi W. SieffertI'm sorry I haven't replied before now, been away a couple of days.Thanks for the tips, I tried EasyNavs, but sadly it couldn't do the job. Its minor and not crucial corretions that I would like to do, so I think I'll just let it be. -halabraham

You want to update the gps database ?You can use the AFCAD to do this.

Yeah, I know, I just prefer to be able to do an "all-in-one" scenery installation, since I remember how confusing adding to FS can be if you're not a "serious" simmer.Anyway, you can try out my scenery Greenland Ports and Docks, I just uploaded it. I'll do an afcad later, it was only minor corrections needed. -halabraham