Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Ground2K: some issues and questions

Guest Mark Hazeldine

Hi, this is mainly for Christian, but if anyone else can help..Firstly thank you for a wonderful program. It's about time something like this came out!1. A couple of language issues. I think where you use the word "suppress" in the English version, it should say "delete". At least that's what it seems to do when i click it! Also, could someone explain a bit clearer what "imbrication" means? I hear it's an English word but i haven't heard of it in my 20 years of life in England!2. Could you make a mode stay selected until you press another button? It takes ages to move points on a line when you have to keep clicking the 'select point' button.3. Ever since i tried (and failed) to make a VTP poly ground2k won't compile a bgl more than once. It says "Can't find BGLC.exe" but it's still in the folder. I have to save, close ground2K, restart my computer and then compile! I'm not sure if it's a bug or if i've done something i shouldn't have. Also, when i restart, Ground2K or Windows XP (not sure which) creates file in C: called "Progam" which Windows keeps asking me to rename to Program1 to avoid errors with 'some programs'.4. Could someone explain how to make a airport background poly using VTP poly's? I tried to make a VTP2 using landclass grass texture, but it wouldn't compile.5. The landclass feature doesn't seem to work for me. I click an area, select a landclass and compile. The particular BGL for landclasses doesn't seem to appear. Do I need to do something else?Sorry to whinge so much when you have worked so hard, but it will improve things for me and maybe others if you can look at these issues.Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark.The easiest translation of imbrication for our purposes is "overlap ordering". Christian would, most probably, like hearing your comments and suggestions.It sounds as if you'll need to uninstall, then reinstall the program, to cure some of your problems. There is something wrong with your file & folder setup.The best way to contact Christian Fumey is by e-mail:mailto:christian.fumey@wanadoo.frDick

The BGLC.EXE problem is probably due to the program being in a folder with a space between names. Try an underline and see if that helps.I have had landclass work but I was using a background image coordinated (lat/lon) with the Ground2k work level. I do not recall anything odd about the process. The program does take some getting used to. Not easy to understand and there may be some areas that do not function properly in all circumstances. I believe that Christian is working on version 2.0 so things will become better. Right now I can see this tool becoming as prominent in FS2002 as Terrascene was in FLY!.Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA