Sign in to follow this  

Cannot compile from Ground2K

Hi Daniel.You could e-mail me the LWM file and the source bitmap ( so I know what I'm looking at ). :)mailto:ludowr@charter.net=====There is one thing I will mention now.A VTP exclude file will destroy all vtp's of the layer(s) used, both lines and polys. But if you have it in the same folder as your project ( and you should ), it needs to be named something like "aa_myproject.bgl".This forces the sim to access this bgl first in the datastream ( if in the same folder, the lowest alphanumeric order is accessed first ).Otherwise, you might exclude everything you just made.Dick

That's a good tip, Dick! Do the flatten BGLs need to be the first ones also?Anyway, thanks for the help, I'm talking for me and I think for everybody else. Without people like you, like Christian Stock, Chris Wright, Arno, Fumey and many other brains here, we'd still wandering in the dark...I've emailed the LWM for you to see ;-) Its a nice project of a VERY beautiful city in real life: Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world. I'm trying to reproduce it the best I can, and I think Fumey's tool might be what I need for this task.--Daniel R. Careri

I get a similar compile problem if I have overlapping VTP's and I haven't set the "imbrication" value correctly. I try and compile after each line I draw to make sure it hasn't got any problems.Also I think I got this problem when I included a river in my LWM area. If you are doing a coastline and have a river as well, then make sure the LWM area goes "around" the river and not back to the origin "across" the river.Good luck, this really is a great program...Derek

It's getting really weird. I started the project again, blank, zero. I drew a line type "poly with shore", line 1032, land on the right, without "join ends of line", LWM/poly type water. Just a few points, tried compile, it did.Then I drew another line of the same characteristics, not connected to the first. Tried to compile, again the freeze forever. I don't know what in the world I'm doing wrong, as it seems that everybody else is getting good results with Ground2K... --Daniel R. Careri :'(

It's getting really weird. I started the project again, blank, zero. I drew a line type "poly with shore", line 1032, land on the right, without "join ends of line", LWM/poly type water. Just a few points, tried compile, it did.Then I drew another line of the same characteristics, not connected to the first. Tried to compile, again the freeze forever. I don't know what in the world I'm doing wrong, as it seems that everybody else is getting good results with Ground2K... --Daniel R. Careri :'(PS: Tried again with "poly without shore", same results. See screen attached.

Guest fumey

Sorry, I was far of my home last week.There are some bugs in Ground2K I have solved now.Some of you have received a temporary release 1.5.I have posted release 2.0 a few minutes ago.Other improvements will come later.Christian

Christian,Thanks again for the continued support, and look forward to see what