Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mark Hazeldine

taxilines and flattens and hard surfaces

Guest Mark Hazeldine

3 unrelated questions for you guys.1 Has someone made, or could someone make a simple GUI tool to place the new bglc taxilines? (please)2 Is it possible (i'm not very hopeful for this) to "unflatten" the MS ocean? I am redefining a coastline using Ground2K put the horrible inland cliffs of LAGO's terramesh are still there where the sea used to flatten them. I'd like to redefine the boundary of the flatten to match my coastline and reveal the 'hidden' terramesh.3 How can i make a 'hard' surface in FSDS2 or Airport 2.60 (build 160) that a plane can taxi over (like a bridge or something)?Thanks for your help, Mark

>1 Has someone made, or could someone make a simple GUI tool >to place the new bglc taxilines? (please) FSSC supports them and I think also the latest versions of Airport. So I guess you can use those.>2 Is it possible (i'm not very hopeful for this) to >"unflatten" the MS ocean? I am redefining a coastline using >Ground2K put the horrible inland cliffs of LAGO's terramesh >are still there where the sea used to flatten them. I'd like >to redefine the boundary of the flatten to match my >coastline and reveal the 'hidden' terramesh.I think the only thing you can do is reflatten them at a new altitude that suits you more. But removing the MS ones is not possible (yet).>3 How can i make a 'hard' surface in FSDS2 or Airport 2.60 >(build 160) that a plane can taxi over (like a bridge or >something)? I don't think that is possible with those tools. I guess you need to make a piece of mesh scenery for that. I would like to do something similar myself, but I haven't come to it yet.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Mark Hazeldine

Thanks for your quick reply arno, always helpful!With the hard surface question, i was refering to a post called "creating a valley" in january. Pmainville replied: "I then created my polygon taxiway using the runway as reference. I created an invisible hard surface beneath it much in the same way you would create a helipad surface. I chose the texture to match my taxiways."How did he create this hard surface?

I think you can best check out some of the posts about the helipads, rhumbaflappy started one recently I think. I think they use or invisible runways or the Area16 commands to harden the surface.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest falko

To create something like a brigde you have to use a invisible runway beneath the bridge and a Area16 surface to harden the bridge. This has been discussed in detail by J. R. Morgan last year.

Guest Mark Hazeldine

What i was trying to do was make a 'trench' which is a service road with runways and taxiways crossing above this. I managed to do it by fiddling about with some flatten areas and laying a runway over it to bridge the ditch as it were. I just need to fill in the sides with some vertical walls and some flat polys to cover over the sloped part. I'll do that in FSDS2. Thanks for all your help.