Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

FS METEO does not connect!! HELP!!!!!!!!

Guest HeavyFan

Hi guy's! Well I just got the registered version of FS METEO today! but I have big problems getting it to conncet to the FS METEO server!! I did everything to set up FS METEO readme file, and i keep getting this message when i click on "AUOT CONNECT/DISSCONNECT" I get this error message......."The computer you're dialing in to cannot establish a Dial-Up Networking connection.Check your password, and then try again." I checked all the things in the Prefrences menu in FS METEO to match my FS METEO networking name, but still does not connect it!!!??? Why What am i doing wrong?? I put down the local Phone# my computer uses to connect to the Internet along with the same user name and password when FS METEO asks it?? Can anyone give me a helping hand on this!? AS i was looking foward to using this but i just seem to get only errors and problems so far! PLEASE HELP!!!!! MIKE -:( -:( -:(

Guest HeavyFan

nobody has any info for this!? PLEASE! MIKE

I wouldn't worry about it. I've been getting the same thing the past few days. Just some temporary server problems I'd guess. While it is a little frustrating it does that once in a while (as do most online services, ISP's etc.). Should get straightened out soon I'd think.Wait... looks like you're experiencing something different. Maybe it isn't just a server problem on your end. Wish I could help.

Guest HeavyFan

OK Hlod on, Maybe it was my mistake! Do you laways half to log onto the internet before running FS Meteo anfter starting FS2002?? I just did that and it seemed to work now! I started FS2002 first, then ran FS Meteo wothout connecting to the internet first and that was the Error message i was getting that i expalined above! So Do I half to be logged into my Internet which is AOL, then use FS Meteo? Is this the correct way of using FS Meteo? Thanks MIKE.

Hi HeavyFan,It has happen to me before. Just take it easy. Sometimes I wait two to five minutes then it downloads.To those of use with a cable it seems like years, but just be patient. Give it a try and just wait without touching the keyboard. I really feel your pain, I hate using the default WX...just not the same.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Yes you need to be logged onto the internet first. Enjoy the program! Bob

Guest HeavyFan

Ok thanks BOB! Now it works great! and downloads the weather pretty fast! Not too much waiting! I was trying to use it without being connected to the Internet!! MYBAD! Now I know! Well thanks for all your guy's HELP! MIKE-:) -:)

If you read the documentation for Meteo it tells you to create a dial-up connection for Meteo using the details from your normal dial-up connection. That way Meteo will connect automatically using that new dial-up and you don't need to manually connect.

Guest HeavyFan

Hey Vulcan! Wel thats the problem I was having! as described above. I made another connection nmaed FS METEO right next to my default connection in the DIAL UP NETWORKING folder! and it kept giving me the Error I posted in my first message! It just did not want to connect for some reason, and no one knew why! I did everything in the Readme, but still did not connect! If you know how to fix my problem i described in my main message, Please let me know! the only way I get FS METEO to work now is to log onto my Internet first then run FS2002 then FS METEO then it works fine! But it just does not conncet using the FS METEO Dialing network thing.?? I don't know what else to do to make it work, it was making me very frustrated! Also I have AOL and did what the readme says to do for AOL connections and still nothing! Even made sure it was named to my ISP correctly and still not connecting!! If you know anything PLEASE POST! Thanks MIKE.

I don't use AOL but looking at the Meteo user guide I see it states that for 'Auto Connect' & 'Get weather and stay off line' you need to disable the Meteo dial-up in the 'Preference' menu and use you AOL dial-up connection.So because you are using AOL it looks like Meteo is working correctly and cannot dial out itself, you have to do a normal connection to AOL and then start Meteo.Oh the joys of using s/w produced by people who want to take over the World, if Bill don't get ya AOL will :-)Best of luck, oh and don't be surprised if the downloads get slower and slower and the Meteo connection drops often. If it does happen don't blame Meteo, get a more benign ISP - if in the UK there are plenty of good, inexpensive ones ;-)