Sign in to follow this  
arno

Payware programs

Guest Mark Hazeldine

Hi all, I've just started working on a scenery which i think i could potentially turn into a commercial product. I've been looking around at all the scenery design programs available but can't find any payware programs that meet my needs. The freeware stuff seems more up to date! Basically, the two functions i'm looking for in one program are texture mapped polygons, and FS2002 taxilines. I don't think there is any program out there that can do both these things. Especially payware stuff. In fact the only program i know of that does texpolys is Groundmaker 4. Is there an easy way to manually convert a poly in Scasm to a texpoly? Or some other way of doing this without resorting to freeware which would not allow me to go commercial?

Guest jsvw2001

As far as I know, you may also not use the Freeware Scasm for commercial scenery. Have a look at Architect.

If you know SCASM code well it is not that easy to make a TexPoly out of a Poly.But the previous comment is correct, you need to buy a special version of SCASM if you want to make commercial scenery.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Arno.Manfred apparently does not try to restrict the BGLs created from SCASM... only the redistribution of the SCASM program itself. At least that's how I read the copyright:Copyright and redistribution terms----------------------------------The programms SCASM.EXE and SCLINK.EXE are protected by copyright. SCASM.EXE and SCLINK.EXE are not Public Domain nor Shareware! The use of SCASM and SCLINK is free of any charge as long as this does not require to redistribute SCASM itself.SCASM may not be sold or redistributed in any form or on any media (electronic, magnetic or optic i.e. diskettes, CD-ROM) without written permission of the author.All SCASM versions which are included in comercial distrubutions with permission by the author will have an individual version and/or license number, file signature and sign up message.Copyright © 1995-2000 by Manfred Moldenhauer. e-mail: M_Moldenhauer@compuserve.com Manfred.Moldenhauer@t-online.deI could be wrong, but Manfred would know his restrictions, so a simple e-mail would clear up that problem.I do note that any BGL made from SCASM contains a 'watermark' that earmarks it as a scasm-produced BGL. So if Manfred does insist on a copyright for the BGLs produced ( hard to imagine ), he could easily see that the BGL was made from his program. Generally, creative content controls a copyright... so MS cannot copyright a document, just because it was written with NotePad. The creator of the document controls it's distribution.Dick

Yes, I think you are right. Maybe it was different in the past, or it is just wrong in my head :) (not a real problem, I strongly support freeware scenery and therefore this will not be a problem for me).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog