Sign in to follow this  
Guest fumey

Ground2K file needs - question

I would like to run Ground2K on a machine where FS2K2 is not installed (and cannot be for various reasons). Ground2K starts if I make an empty FS2002 folder, I can define the project and get the map on screen, but the program crashes when I try to make a new line or a new poly. The error message probably says that a file is not found (my french knowledge is non-existing).Question: What files do Ground2K need to run (what is the minimum set of files that I should copy to this computer)?BamceEFHN

Hi Bamce.I hope Christian can answer you. I see no reason why Ground2K needs to know where the FS2002 directory is... I can make a folder like this:C:Program FilesGround2KFS2002And assign it under the "Parameters"--->"General Parameters" menu. The program runs just fine.So I think a regular installation contains everything you'll need. I don't see why you would get any kind of error.Dick

Don't know why, but actually your message solved my problem! I have installed G2K on C:PrivatGround2K and I had previously made an empty folder called C:PrivatFS2002 and assigned it in the parameters. That didn't work. Now, I tried it your way, making the empty FS2002 folder inside the Ground2K folder (C:PrivatGround2KFS2002) and that made everything work! Thanks for the help :-)Bamce

Guest fumey

Ground2K needs to know where is the FS2002 folder only to retrieve the landclass and waterclass textures in order to display them when needed.Some users have reported that they do not see the textures on screen (because the FS2002 directory was not correctly declared).I check if the texture and the path to the texture are existing.If not, I display a blank square.Ihave no explanation today to your problem.RegardsChristian