Sign in to follow this  
Guest hefy_jefy

Accurate height for Helipad

Guest hefy_jefy

I had wanted a helipad for a Gmax jetty that I made some time ago. I came across the recent postings on the subject. I tried the .API code that had appeared here but it failed to compile in Groundmaker. I was more successful simply compiling Dicks "RhumbaPad improved helipad" with SCASM just modifying the size and coordinates in the .TXT file. (you will gather that I am more of a flyer than a codewriter!)Made everything work to my satisfaction, except that I only seemed to be able to specify the pad elevation in whole meters. The actual height I needed was 11.3ft I ended up with 4meters to prevent the skids disappearing. It looks OK and I could just modify the height of the Gmax object to suit, but I am sure it should be possible to specify the height of the "hardened surface" with better accuracy than one meter?Insights appreciated!Geoff

Hi Geoff.I think you can hack the code to turn the refpoint scale from 1 to 0.1That makes the scale as 1/10th of a meter. Other scales would work. I think 0.03048 is 1/10th of a foot (?)Changing the scale will require you to change the scale of the other elements using that refpoint.Dick

Guest JR Morgan

Hi Dick & Geoff..I've noticed that an objects height can also be controlled fairlyprecisely by calculating within the 'E= n' expression of the absRefPt opcode; i.e. RefPoint( 2 :Lights 1 %1 %2 E= [0.99865 * %11] V1= 10000 V2= 1000 )Where %11 must be an integer, however, the expression '[0.99865 * %11]'seems to allow adjusting elevation to a floating point value less thanthe integer-only requirement.(in the above, the 'greater-than/less-than' characters should be read as 'left-bracket/right-bracket' characters -- I don't seem to have control of my html tags here :-).)J.R.

Guest hefy_jefy

Thanks guys!I will give it a try, the scale thing seems easy (even for a non programmer).1/10 of a meter should be good enough.Geoff