Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

HOW TO GET REAL LIFE GATES AT MY AIRPORT

I am new to scenery design so please hang in there. I'm trying to get some "proper" gates at my home airport (CYVR) Vancouver Intl. Canada. I did download a file that stated that it would add 40 gates to CYVR.When I installed it with the latest version of AFCAD nothing seemed to have changed. When I started up FS2002 and put in YVR the airport ramp looks the same. I did notice on start up, that a database building window did show and seemed to be loading something.Can anyone help me out. If there is another file or program I need I would be happy to get it.Thanks in advance.Brett

AFCAD files do NOT add the visual scenery gates to your flight sim. It only adds gate placements for AI and your aircraft to taxi to/from. You would need a scenery download for your airport or design the scenery with one of the scenery design programs. Visit http://arno.nl-2000.com/ for recommendations on programs.

I uploaded version 3.1 of CYVR two weeks ago to AVSIM and FlightSim sites, including an AFCAD file for the gates. The airport is reasonably accurate since I received plans and photos from CYVR engineering staff. I hope to upload a patch this weekend to address some glitches. If you live in Vancouver I have formed a flight simulation club at the West Vancouver Seniors Centre, we meet the first Friday of the month at 1pm, next meeting is April 4. Outsiders and youngsters are welcome!NigelVancouver

Nice scenery. Do you still need the gate numbers higher than in the package? Apologies but I have not been able recently to address that due to work/computer rebuilding.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

hey, shez..Great little util of yours there (GMax gates). I've done several airports with them, and they come out great!I do have a need for numbered gates higher than what you currently have, my home airport (KTUL) doesn't actually have this many gates, but the gate numbers go up to 60 (they alternate numbers starting at 20 for some unknown reason).If you do get time to update them sometime (again, no rush, and no big deal not to have them) that would be excellent.

Roger! :-) Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"