Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Ground2k exclude !?

Hi ! Working now with great Ground2K and once again there is one problem i can`t solve. Now i "painted" new roads, LC and some poly rivers. When i use the exclude mode to delate FS standard ground G2K delates everything even my fresh added work. Streets and rivers are totaly delated and new LC is not be displayed (only ugly standard LC textures are visible). Can anyone explain me what I`m doing wrong ?Thx, Marijo

Hi Marijo,The problem sounds like your excludes are occurring later in the datastream than your LWM/VTP objects. One easy way to cope with this is to create the exclude BGL file, put it in your local scenery folder give it a name that will cause it to be executed before your new objects. So you could, for instance, make an exclude called "aExclude.bgl" and then make your roads, coastlines, etc. as a bgl called "zRoads.bgl" and it should do the exclude, THEN draw your roads. What I gave is an extreme example, but you get the idea. Hope that helps,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Hi Marijo.Bill's right. I always name my VTP exclude BGL as something like:aaWalworthCountyVTPExclude.bglThe name is descriptive of the project, and it will be executed first in the project's "scenery" folder... because 'aa' is alphanumerically before the other names in my "scenery" folder.Dick

For a bit more control I use the priority system in FS2002 by arranging the EXCLUDES, LANDCLASS, and SCENERY BGLs in seperate scenery folders Then you can make the Scenery folder number one, Landclass number two, and Excludes number three in the FS2002 scenery library manager. This also allows you to turn off any of the three should a problem arise.Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA