Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard Hill

Ground2K Project *LWM

Guest Richard Hill

OK I installed the new Ground2K printed the Documentation, downloaded lwmtut_webpage and printed it out and read both but I am lost!I have an example map HLG.BMP 9984x9984 pixelNORTH 41.138999999996SOUTH 40.0426WEST -81.5725EAST -80.1462When I want make a new file it looks for *.LWM.What is the minimum information I need to place in this LWM?Could someone send me LWM for this map to get me on the right road?Like I said I have read both documentations but still I do not know what to do. I have created a map with RGB values to identify each type of texture once I can get started within Ground2K to work on it.Richardrichardlhll@wmconnect.com

It seems that some step in your project definition is missing. the *.LWM is the project file used by Ground2K, and it makes it when you define your project. Did you give your project a proper name (on the first line of the project definition screen)? Ground2K seems not to like spaces in file/folder names, so be sure to install it accordingly and to save your project (and other) files in subfolders to the main Ground2K folder!Bamce

The New File brings up a blank file definition box. The top blank line should be double clicked. Type in your name for the project and click "OPEN". Do not be detered by OPEN it is a goofy name but works as save in this case.Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest Richard Hill

Well after several attemps to get things going with Ground2K, I for one gave up. I have my entire state of West Virginia most of MD, and DC and sourrounding area. About 8 GB unzipped. Although I have no AutoGen scenery, I do have up to date all rivers, streams, highways, streams, lakes, asnd cities in my scenery. I only hope that their will be a user friendly program simular to TerraScene that uses USGS data to develope FS2K2 textured and autogen scenery in the near future PAYWARE or FREEWARE. If anyone has any interest in my scenery 7 CD's I will send "LIMITED" copies upon request for $10.00. While it has no autogen buildings or trees, VFR wise it is GREAT I think.Richard;