Sign in to follow this  
Guest luissa

FSDS2 won't compile object

HelloOK, i don't know if its just me doing something stupid, or something else. The problem is that i've just bought FSDS2, but can't compile anything at all (I have quite a few projects from FSDS1). When I click to compile, nothing happens at all. Does anyone have any ideas?Sergs

Do you not get an error or so? Or try to make an API and see if that works correct.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest gorchi

Hi Sergs!Is it possible for You to publish Your API here? I suspect that You suffer from one or two typical things:1. Jump to label :Skip is too long (if API is longer than let's say 30kB)2. You have long part names, more than 23 characters therfore labels have too long names.The second one is easier to correct, first one a little bit tougher since You will have to do some editing in API...Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Hello, thanks for your replies.Well, the problem is that FSDS2 doesn't actually make a BGL or an API file at all (when I go on File | Create FS Object File | Scasm Macro file |). The Save As dialogue box comes up, and I typed the filename, but then there is no BGL of API file to be found at all. Just after I press the 'save' button, a dialogue box saying 'generating scenry drawing code' appears and disappears very quickly. So all I have are the actual project files, no macros.Best RegardsSergs

Guest luissa

>Hello, thanks for your replies. >>Well, the problem is that FSDS2 doesn't actually make a BGL >or an API file at all (when I go on File | Create FS Object >File | Scasm Macro file |). The Save As dialogue box comes >up, and I typed the filename, but then there is no BGL of >API file to be found at all. Just after I press the 'save' >button, a dialogue box saying 'generating scenry drawing >code' appears and disappears very quickly. So all I have are >the actual project files, no macros. Hi Sergs,One possibility is that you are using a feature that is specific to "aircraft" design not "scenery" design. This happens when you declare, for example, a texture with the reflectivity option ON.Hope that helps, Luis