Sign in to follow this  

Those wonderful fiddly lines...?

If this has been covered before, then I apologize up front. That being said, I was wondering how you would go about modeling the lines that appear on the bridge below in gMax? Are they just simply very skinny polygons or something else? I know that FSDS had a specific ability to produce these lines outside of a standard modeling polygon, and I was wondering if gMax has the same ability somewhere.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.pacificnwdigital.com/jpegs/FSBridgeSpan.jpg

GMAX has a way of doing this, although I've found it to be imperfect. You make a polygon of the right shape, in this case I'd make a box with a dozen segments, delete the top polygon and the bottom polygon, so the sides become the two sides of the cables. Then assign a material to the box naming the material line_whateveryouwant.Good luck,Bob B

Yep, that's it, although the lines don't match the poly's that I had in gMax. Other than that, it's exactly what I was looking for.Thanks Bob!Jim