Sign in to follow this  

Ground2K

Guest fumey

You will find Ground2K release 3.0 in FS2002utilities library Christian

Excellent utility. Thanks for posting.I'm having a problem though. It won't generate any bgl's. I decided to modify the landclass around my home airport. The program worked beautifully(no errors) , then i clicked the button to compile (no errors there either) and when i checked the folder....no bgl's to be found. I know its not anywhere else 'cause I searched the entire drive with no luck. Any idea as to what I may be doing wrong? ThanksDB

Hi Bob.You know you've got a good tool when it makes you smile while your working. The more you use Ground2K, the better you get at it, the more you smile.I've got a current project for a test. It's a 1 degree square area containing Brest, France, on the Brittany peninsula. I want new coast, streams, roads, and some landclass alterations. The twist is... it's for CFS2. This kind of project has never been done before for CFS2. Simply impossible without Christian's Ground2K and Edgar Knobloch's cfs2conv ( to convert the FS LWM code to CFS2's LWM code ).:) :) :)That's what I'm talkin' about!Dick

Use this as a BAT file in the TEMP folder and it will create a BGL in that folder. Copy BGL to your scenery folder. I use a seperate folder for Scenery BGL, Exclude BGL, and Landclass BGL.The famous "rhumbaflappy" provided it... Would like to see Christian include it with his program.DickTHANKS Christian!!!!====================@echo ondel FicRaw.Rawren WC*.raw FicRaw.Rawresamplev11 "TmpWC.inf"tmfcompress landclass.tmf landclassWCc.tmftmf2bgl landclassWCc.tmf MyWC.bgldel landclassWCc.tmfdel landclass.tmfdel FicRaw.Rawren LC*.raw FicRaw.Rawresamplev11 "TmpLC.inf"tmfcompress landclass.tmf landclassLCc.tmftmf2bgl landclassLCc.tmf klbe.bgldel landclassLCc.tmfdel landclass.tmfdel FicRaw.Rawdel TmpLC.infdel TmpWC.infstop

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest Rosin

hello!I have the same problem-the program does everithing fine, however it simply wouldn't compile the Bgl file responsible for the landclass.I made a text file with the text that Nudata suggested. I called it exe.bat and placed it in the Temp folder. I chose this folder to be where the raw file should go and also the lanclass Bgl. Still nothing! any tips? thanks for this program to the author (very, very smooth otherwise!!!) and to all taking time to read this***

Within the same directory that you place your .BAT file, you also need to include all your source files and:1. resample.exe2. tmfcompress.exe3. tmf2bgl.exeThen run the .BAT and it should work OK!I hope this gets ya going.Ken

Christian, this is a good opportunity to thank you for the remesh function. I only realized that it could be the answer to my problem. In my current project, a resevoir rode up a hill no matter what I did. I've been trying to georeference it for weeks. Last night I was reading your readme for kicks, and saw re-mesh option. I hadn't realized what it was for at first. The amazing thing is that with only a brief scan of the readme, my first effort worked perfectly. In only 5 minutes that resevoir was way improved.Thanks for Ground2k, a great tool!the pix are the classic, before....and after!Bob Bernstein

Guest Rosin

I just did that and it compiled a .BGL called klbe.bgland it gives the right land class changes within FSthank you Ken!!!***

Guest fumey

After some trials, if you think there is a bug in Ground2K, send me your .LWM file.christian.fumey@wanadoo.fr RegardsChristian

Ken,I have been trying to modify the roads of the island nation of Jamaica, without success. Initially, I could not get Ground 2k to create a bgl. Now following you message, I have been able to create bgls. However, I have nine bgls instead of one...and none of them work.:( Even though they are named bgl, FS2002 doesn't appear to recognise them. Please help.Regards,David

Place scenery bgls in a seperate folder construct(Folder - Scenery Texture) from excludes. Using the FS2002 scenery menu place the exclude construct below the scenery bgl folder construct. You are probably excluding your own work!Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

That works. Thanks very much for your help.