Sign in to follow this  
Guest luissa

FSDS v2 and scenery design

Guest JoeW

I just bought this program to do buildings and things in scenery and to put some animation in them. I had a problem getting the animation to work and sent a note to support at Abacus. This their reply.The bottom line is.... If you bought this program to animate scenery.... don't.Hi Joe,I can't do a 50% refund - I can do all or nothing. I am confident Louis willinclude scenery animation in an upcoming release (free update), but I alsocan't say when it will be.The ad regarding the animation was designed to focus on the improvement overthe older version which required a separate program, Aircraft Animator, todo the animation.Adam----- Original Message -----From: "Joe Watson" To: "Technical Support" Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 10:30 AMSubject: Re: Fw: FSDS Question from HELP > Here we go again..... Advertising that a program will do something that it> won't. Louis is at his element at this type of thing. I bought the program> to do this, specifically. " I confirmed this with the author. Theanimation> is fully available in FSDS> v2 at this time - only aircraft animation." I take this to mean that> animation is NOT available for scenery.> This from the advertisement. " New! Built-in support for animation " No> where does it say that Animation is NOT available for scenery.> Do you realize that this is fraud?> How about a 50% refund on the price? Since it only does 50% of what it> advertises.> Joe Watson>>> ----- Original Message -----> From: "Technical Support" > To: > Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 10:17 AM> Subject: Fw: Fw: FSDS Question from HELP >>> > Hi Joe,> > I confirmed this with the author. The animation is fully available inFSDS> > v2 at this time - only aircraft animation. There are plans to updateFSDS> v2> > to include scenery animation.> >> > Regards,> >> > Adam Howe> > Abacus Software> > adam@abacuspub.com> > www.abacuspub.com> > www.flightsimdownloads.com> > www.trainsimulatorworld.com> >> > ** Add-Ons for The SIMS - visit www.abacuspub.com for ore titles! **> >> > -- Face Factory...Put any face on a new character in The SIMS. With> > a side and front photo, you can put our yourself in The SIMS.> >> > -- Career Creator Pro...Create new careers, activate any of the 25careers> > that are included and share your careers online with Career CreatorPro.!> >> > ** FS2002 Add-Ons - visit www.abacuspub.com for more titles! **> >> > -- CoPilot v2.8.......Includes EZ-VFR!!!> > -- National Parks Enhanced Scenery... Add over 3-times the detail toFS!!> >> > ----- Original Message -----> > From: "Louis Sinclair"> > To: "Technical Support" > > Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 5:48 PM> > Subject: Re: Fw: FSDS Question from HELP > >> >> > > Hi Adam,> > >> > > You are correct. This is not in FSDS yet.> > >> > > --> > > Louis> > >> > > Technical Support wrote:> > > > This is not yet in FSDS v2 correct?> > > >> > > > Adam> > > >> > > > ----- Original Message -----> > > >> > > >>Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by> > > >> () on Thursday, April 10, 2003 at 15:22:46> > >> >>>>--------------------------------------------------------------------------> > > >> > > >>emailaddr: raptor@htn.net> > > >>> > > >>question: I've had FSDS for several years and got the upgrade to V2> day> > > >> > > > before yesterday. I'm fairly profecient with the older FSDS and I'm> > trying> > > > to do a hanger and thought I'd try to Put animated doors in it. Ihave> 6> > > > doors on the front, 3 going horizontal to the right and 3 going> > horizontal> > > > left....That is I'm trying to. I have 6 items (doors) with the> textures> > on> > > > them and when I click on ani with a door selected, and frame at 0, I> run> > the> > > > frame to 200 and place the door where I want it, set keyframe andthen> > when> > > > I go backwards to 200 it opens, if I go on back to 198 it closes> again.> > I> > > > want the doors to all start moving at the same time and to end atthe> > same> > > > time. I would also like to have the doors open when the aircraftgets> a> > > > certain distance from it. The help in the program on this is not> > altogether> > > > complete. Could someonwe tell me how to do this or point me in the> right> > > > direction. I have all of the SDK's in and I've read them, I think,And> I> > > > don't remember reading about this in any of them.> > > >> > > >>Thanks> > > >>Joe

Guest luissa

Dear Joe,I read your post and the advertising in the Abacus site. I admit that you could think that the animation functionality was fully supported in "scenery design mode" and I think that you can ask for a full refund. But the reason of my post is to express the opinion that, even without full animation support, FSDS2 is a great tool for scenery design. The graphical interface of FSDS2, its support of FS2002 BGL instructions and, last but not least, its capacity to produce SCASM code, makes FSDS2 one of the most powerful tools for serious scenery design.Kind Regards, Luis

Guest JoeW

LuisFSDS is a fine program. It does work and works fine, except for the animation in the scenery area. But this is the second program from Abacus that I have found that deceptive advertising was used. It may not be you, It may well be Abacus, I don't know. I am not attacking you personally, just the deceptive advertising.I would like to see the ability to make a part a solid color as in the original FSDS. Either I don't understand how to do it or this ability has been removed.I for one am looking forward to the animation module for the scenery. Thats what I bought the V2 for. and it wont work as advertised.Have a good day, LuisJoe W.

Guest luissa

>I am not attacking you personally, just the deceptive >advertising. Dear Joe,Of course you are not! I am just an happy user of FSDS2 and SCASM. Before FSDS was updated to version 2 I was seriously thinking in moving to gMax for object modelling. If that had happen, I would gave up SCASM as well. Therefore FSDS2 was a rescue and I am grateful to Louis Sinclair to update his program.Kind Regards, Luis