Sign in to follow this  
Guest fumey

Some problem with Ground2K

Hi 1) if I use in the image (you see enclosure) "poly whit shore" ground2k gives me error (621) lake/curve: a curve crosses itself. If I use "Line/lakeshore" not me from some error. If I use "Coastline" not me from error but if "Land on the right" the program is activated it jams. 2) I don't succeed in any way in making to appear downward the earth. Have I also tried to rotate the image so that to have to the right the earth but doesn't Ground2k in this case accept the coordinates anymore (because the image is vertical??). Some suggestion???

That error message is telling you you have either crossed an LWM polygon borderline on itself ( this is the water poly ), or perhaps the poly is too narrow in some area, which has the same effect.Dick

I found that problem to be ending a clodes/joined poly in a way that the join has to cross an existing segment of the poly. May be other areas where it occurs as well.Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I believe not to have understood. In the attached image you can see that there is only coast, there is no anything other, there are no other polygons LWM. There is only the line of coast.

Guest hefy_jefy

Perhaps its that very thin jetty?Which brings me to my question, what is the resolution of the programme, I read somewher that the smallest "cell" was 4.8m? If so, then perhaps if two lines approach closer than 4.8m the program sees them as crossing...On the other hand you can certainly position objects better than 4.8m!Geoff

Guest fumey

send me your /LWM file (without bitmap)christian.fumey@wanadoo.frRegardsChristian