Sign in to follow this  
arno

Create API from GMax

G'day all, I've created a bridge in GMax which I'd like to convert to an API.I've read "Gmax to API" tutorial by Dave Ferenkes but there seems to be some problems after exporting from Gmax. The tutorial says that in Fsregen "click on "Library Compiler" At the top is "New Object Details" and to the left is is the button you need to click for the path..." OK it's not to the left but there is a button to the right which I've clicked on. It next says that "once clicked you should see 2 files, your object name and your object name_0 - click on the file without the _0 at the end" I just don't see this coming up anywhere. I get an open file dialogue which starts off at my desktop. The files of type is defaulted to .asm and there's only one file with the filename I created not two with one ending in "_0"I choose the file anyway and I get an error telling me that "_0" does not exist. But I'm able to follow the rest of the tutorial through to stage 19, where it says "click on "Create Library Source File"" mine just says "Create Library"???? The tutorial then says to "click on "Create API" which is next to create library source file" - again this doesn't exist. I feel like I'm using a totally different application to the one he's describing. I'm using FSRegen V0.02b, Middleman, Makemdl (which has been renamed "Makem" according to Middlema's instructions. I'm still not sure whats going on. Any help would greatly be appreciated. CheersDave

I think you can best try it without MiddleMan (I don't think that adds any value for scenery design) and with the latest version of MakeMDL (from the BGL Compiler SDK). I think you should get the two files you need then.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hello Dave,You are not using the right version of FSRegen. Please get the last version (030b? or something).Make sure that you check the option "Keep all files" in Middleman or MakeMDL.Best regards.Luis

I think the last version is 0.31b, that is the one I am using....

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

I'm now using FSRegen 0.30 - same thing keeps occuring. I can create a BGL file from GMax now without any problems, and it even shows up in FS2002 OK - but I can't create an API from the BGL. I'll keep trying. Dave

What happens if you click the create API button then? (or does that version not yet have that button).Otherwise look at my homepage (see link in signature), there you'll also find a tutorial about how to make the API yourself.

Arno

hello dave, what scenery design program are you using for you scenery, i wrote the tutorial for using FSSC and not sure if it works the same for other scenery design programs. i use FSREGEN version 0.31b WITHOUT middleman which will give you a CREATE API function within fsregen. if you are still having problems you can email me at davenjta@yahoo.com and will do what i can to solve this for you as it took me a long time to figure it out

sorry to post again...but i forget to add that im using Gmax version 1.2...which will give you the KEEP FILES option if you didnt already have it....and will eliminate the MIDDLEMAN program

The keep file options comes from the latest version of MakeMDL (from the SDK), not from GMax 1.2. The export module is independant from the version of GMax you are using.

Arno