Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Road Textures??

Can someone recommend a good set of replacement road textures and where to get them. I had a set but the usual attempts to "make it better' lost them.Thanks,Dick klbe

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest Rosin

Hello Dick,I use these textures and am very happy with them-they're darker and are really exellent when given different sizes with Ground 2k. Here if you want to give them a try, i paste for you the avsim library description of the zip:File Description:Fs2002 Replacement Road and Tree Textures These replacement textures make the roads look a little more like grayish asphalt than the default road textures and they are plowed in the winter :() The trees will have a slightly more painterly look and provide an alternate to the default tree textures. The textures included will not cause any frame rate hit and can be easily switched back to the default if desired. From Lynn and Bill Lyons (CW)Filename: 2krdstrs.zip License: Freeware Added: 27th November 2002 Downloads: 2536 Author: Lynn and Bill Lyons Size: 612kb --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Howdy Dick:someone recommeded the road replacement set by a German fellow, and I really like them, particularly at night as they are not continuous bright bands but dark grey bands with bright points.http://jobia.bei.t-online.de/straneutnach.htmThe first file is with more colourful (daylight) cars, the second one with more neutral colors (I use the second one).Cheers, Holger

Thanks - I am off to get them all. Choice is wonderful.Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA