Sign in to follow this  

How Big Is Your Registry?

I thought I'd never have to, but attempting to maximise fps in FS2002 recently set me on a course of disaster which ended with my wiping the C disk and reinstalling windows. I had worried about the size of my registry - it was over 1500K, and I was pleased to see it now under 600K - then I reinstalled DX8.1 and my G3 drivers and suddenly it was over 1Mg again. So I was wondering how big a registry should be? For a start I hate waiting for the reg back-up when I start Windows. So please post your reg sizes up here (If you don't know how to find out, go to win/sysbckup and look for the cab files at the bottom - thats your registry back-up)ThanksAll from me Georgethetee

All of my cab files are about 2.5 MB. I wouldnt be too concearned about the size, the more programs (and the more advanced they are) the bigger the registery will be. Hope that helps! PS. Im running XP Pro, which might account for some of the size. :) :+Cpudan80

Thanx cpudan, guess i was worrying about nothing All from me Georgethetee