Sign in to follow this  
arno

Multi-Material?

I have three seperate textures to apply to one cube. One for two walls, one for the other two walls, and one for the roof. Using standard materials for different polygons achieved my goal in GMAX, but when I export, the building is gray... no texture anywhere. (I was careful to make sure that my textures were in the appropriate folder and named correctly.)Should I be using a "Multi-material" in this situation? If not, what could be causing my texture woes?

Guest christian

You'll have to use imagetool to convert your texture to the DXT format.Cheers, Christian

I'll give it a shot, thanks for the quick reply

No joy, still as gray as they ever were...Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This is the time for multi-materials. I'm attaching a word file that is cut from a tutorial written by "D_fast", one of the moderators at gmaxsupport. I found it helpful with setting up the multimaterials in the stack.Bob B

I never make a multi material myself. But when I apply different texture to an object GMax does it automatically, so I think it shouldn't be such a big problem.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

in ver 1.2? It used to work like that for me, but now I need to assign multimaterial, and provide a material id.

Yep, in 1.2. Ussually I use the material navigator in file system mode and then just drag the texture I want on the object, the creation of the material is then done for me.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog