Sign in to follow this  
Guest fumey

Why CFS2 deserves scenery design help.

Well thanks to Rhumba and the many other VTP and LWM pioneers, I got my dream. I always came here feeling like a kid bugging his parents hahaha.Anyways finally got Pearl Harbor modeled with correct shores and correct Ford Island.http://www.flightsimdesign.com/newpearl2.jpgThanks to Rhumbad, Christian, Chris Wright, Luis and Ground 2k!:-wave I'm going to go cry now . HeheheJames D. Smithsjd20@qwest.netWebmaster - www.flightsimdesign.comHome of the CFS Virtual Navy and "The Pearl Harbor Project".

Hi James.It's looks good!Many thanks to you, as well. You're doing a great job in helping to spread the word about using TMF design techniques for CFS2. Not many users are aware we can use landclass, waterclass, LWM, VTP1 lines and polys.. even photoreal, to a small extent.:-yellow1 Dick

Yeah it has come together really well with the LWM and landclass.I am going to strain my eyes working on the VTP1 roads! Hehehe.Oh Mr. Fumey.... any ideas to make VTP 1 similar in setup to how we do VTP2 lines? I know VTP2 will not work for me but if we could make the VTP 1 process of a one click point and preset width.... it would help immeasurably! The assigning textures is something I can live with... but my roads may suffer having to draw late at night.I am willing to be a test guinea pig. :-lol

Hi James.Christian has bought a copy of CFS2 to study the lines, and see what the fuss is about. That's good.But he's probably too busy blowing things up and shooting down planes to add the VTP1 lines to Ground2K!I have a feeling we'll see something soon, regarding the VTP1 lines, and that might also benefit FS2002 users, as we might then have an easier way to make square-ended roads and streams.CFS2 water masking ( LWMPoly1 ) also could have some limited use in FS2002... but the height value of -9999,0 gives us an equivalent mesh-clinging water for FS2002.Seeing your screenshot makes me think again that MS went the wrong direction for CFS3 scenery. Dick

Guest fumey

HelloYou have to wait for VTP1 lines and VTP1 polys, but it is on the way (not so easy for the lines)For square road or stream ends, put two close points at each end of the line; Christian